Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended YouTube vintage toy channels?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Hombre Nuclear
    Museum Super Collector
    • Sep 5, 2014

Recommended YouTube vintage toy channels?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get fully back into vintage toys after taking a few years off, and one of my favourite things has been catching up with all the great Toy-Ventures and Vintage Mego videos on YouTube. After seeing the recent recommendations here of the Leicester toy shop videos, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some others? I've poked around a bit and found a few so far:

Analog Toys
    Toy-Polloi
    Raymond Castile's Basement of Horror

Any others out there that primarily cover 60s/70s/80s stuff? I'd be especially interested in ones from France, Spain, Italy, Brazil, etc. as I love weird foreign variations and exclusives.

Thanks!
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Pixel Dan and Toy Galaxy are really good. I also really liked AZ 80's Girl. She hasn't updated in quite a while but she covered a wealth of 80s toy. She has an amazing She-Ra collection.

My Channel will be going over many 80's toys in my personal collection including Jem, She-ra Princess of Power, Care Bears, and more!
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
      Museum Super Collector
      • Sep 5, 2014

Thanks for the recs, I'll definitely check those out!

I wonder if there are any channels out there that focus on vintage doll fashions? I picked up the Carmen Varricchio books recently, and it's become a major interest of mine, especially stuff from the mod/psychedelic era. It would be cool if there was a video series that was sort of like a vintage fashion doll version of Toy-Ventures, that focused on all the crazy knockoffs, etc.

Comment

• toyhunter1970
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 24, 2020

madhunter
        retroblasting

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎