Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leicester Vintage Toyshop - Vintage Toy Company PALITOY!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

Leicester Vintage Toyshop - Vintage Toy Company PALITOY!!

a nice look at palitoy by some guys local to the company headquarters

• PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Well, this was delightful. They are the Hinge and Bracket of toyland and I enjoyed it loads.

What I really admire about Palitoy is their creativity, I love how they took GI Joe--already a great line--and ran with it to victory. So innovative. I own their Intruder, Atomic Man, Bullet Man, and their tweaks to these toys, even if just packaging, are brilliant. Some of the unique uniforms (I have repros) are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

no problem scott ,glad you enjoyed it ,

the hinge and bracket reference took me by surprise ,how on earth are you aware of those guys ,i thought they were a strictly british passing fad or novelty act from years ago lol

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Everything is evergreen on youtube lol. I'm a great fan of Gilbert and Sullivan and adore the "dear ladies".
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

ah i should have thought of youtube lol

hey scott if you enjoy these guys here's toylands hinge and bracket on tour lol
          a good insight into uk toy collecting and stores

just saw this and thought it could be of interest to some on here ,first episode is in blackpool ,home of the dr who exhibition , go gay gifts and countless other **** shops that carried end of line ,close out toys and knock offs ,:yes: not watched it all but what i saw should give some on here a taste of the uk collectors

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you. I'm considering contacting the shop, I saw something in the video I've been looking for for over a year.

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

These guys are great!… better than 99.9% of the other internet wanna-be celebrity, egotist, think their clever or funny [sic], toy video hacks. Happy Sunday!

…and how about their shop, beautiful, organized, and clean.
              Last edited by Confessional; Sep 26, '21, 11:13 AM. Reason: …US vintage stores could learn much!

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Thank you. I'm considering contacting the shop, I saw something in the video I've been looking for for over a year.
                well if i can help you in anyway don't hesitate to ask

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎