X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Neca Dungeons and Dragons classic 80s figures

Warduke and Grimsword. Wowzers, those look nice!

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Those do look amazing. Neca keeps announcing figures I want, more than my budget allows. The Defenders of the Earth, the Usagi Yojimbo figure, and now these. Decisions, decisions.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Warduke is a must. Glad these are seeing a new life. Hope there is more.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Wow those are nice! I wish I had money and space for some of this newer stuff.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

NECA continues to amaze. If they make the animated series cast, I will be sorely tempted.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I was surprised Neca didn't release these under the Wizkids brand.

A few nitpicks. I think it would have better launching with Warduke and Strongheart. I also would have preferred a smaller scale. It's prohibitively expensive to release horses and dragons in the 7 inch scale. So, probably no Nightmare for Warduke and Tiamat is out of the question. I had always hoped Hasbro would do a line of D&D figures in house. They would have been cheaper and much easier to get. But it's still exciting they exist at all and I am really looking forward to them.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Hasbro not making the animated figures is leaving money on the table. Even if they had to make them (gasp!) Pulse exclusives or something. I'd rather they didn't, but I could also see their reluctance to go retail.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

i hope Neca makes the NorthWind Barbarian figure.(i think that was his name) heck, the whole line could be great if Neca does more. Speaking of the Dungeons cartoon, I bet the rights to that goes to Super 7.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I was surprised Neca didn't release these under the Wizkids brand.

A few nitpicks. I think it would have better launching with Warduke and Strongheart. I also would have preferred a smaller scale. It's prohibitively expensive to release horses and dragons in the 7 inch scale. So, probably no Nightmare for Warduke and Tiamat is out of the question. I had always hoped Hasbro would do a line of D&D figures in house. They would have been cheaper and much easier to get. But it's still exciting they exist at all and I am really looking forward to them.
                  Hasbro currently has a D&D figure Available, Drizzt DoUrden and his panther done Marvel Legends style and scale. No word on if they are doing anymore. though.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...ulse-exclusive

Comment

• Klosterheim
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 23, 2013

New Big Dragon toys would really be cool.

They could make regular Dragon saddles now, and not have to use the trap door type saddle.

And, something that would be fantastic to hold, is a Dragonlance Dragon with a large wingspan, complete with the Lance fixed onto the saddle.

They could make one of each type of Dragon, and say what their breath weapon is on the back of the box.

I guess the could have all the named Dragons too, made on some scale.

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

I preordered Warduke and Grimsword already...I do wish they were 3.75/4 inch scale (like the original figures) and a lower price, though.

Dana
                      Last edited by danadoll; Oct 5, '21, 12:53 PM.
                      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

those are really nice. too pricey for me though

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎