X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    We are not entitled to ONE DAMN THING from either Topps or Mego and I am sick and tired of all the complaints from whiny, entitled "fans". I hope Topps puts out two Megos a week for years to come whether I get them or not. I can't buy every Topps figure either but I'm happy they're available and I'm happy for those who can.
    Since when did it become "entitled" for a CUSTOMER to want to simply be able to BUY A PRODUCT?

Now, I'm no genius, but it seems pretty STUPID to me for a company to make ANYTHING, and then make purchasing that thing as difficult as possible.

Megos are ALREADY a niche market, and the Topps deal just made that market even smaller. Those "whiny, entitled FANS" are the ones keeping Mego in business, so they better get their act together.

Comment

• Riderfan
      Megos are cool
      • Feb 14, 2012

Would this be considered whining?-

As I mentioned in another thread I "had to" buy Worf because what good is Picard, Riker, Data & Laforge without him? Its not that I can't afford Worf, and actually I could afford 2 figures a week if they appeal to me, but rather its the outrageous shipping to Canada that p***** me off & limits what I'm willing to spend.

Or putting it another way, with Worf I had 3 shipping options of $60, $65 & $70, ranging from a couple days to a couple weeks transit time.

Currently I have five 8" figures in my Zolo's cart. There are 7 shipping options ranging from $31.35 to $59.53...

Something ain't right with what Topps is charging and IMO its not whining by pointing it out

I suppose I am whining that Worf is not getting the widespread distribution as the other four but if the shipping charges were realistic it would be a non issue, to me anyways.

Just my 2 cents
      I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
        Since when did it become "entitled" for a CUSTOMER to want to simply be able to BUY A PRODUCT?
        Here's the thing: you CAN buy the product. You may not like the price, or the shipping, or the limit on quantity, but you can go to their site each week and purchase their product. If Topps doesn't offer shipping to your area, you can buy on the secondary market. Mego, through Topps, is making brand new Megos available for you to obtain. It is absolutely entitlement to demand that they make them all easy for you, personally, to obtain.

Of all the Topps releases, I've chosen to buy only two of them so far. I can't afford to buy all of them. If I could afford it, I would. Even so, I am thrilled that these great Megos are available. If Mego never releases, say Worf, to retail, then I may never buy him for my collection. But that's MY decision, and I'm glad that Topps has given me the option.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

I can't wait to see if Topps and Mego doesn't hit it's magic number to actually go to production with pre-orders. We'll see who will start whining then. Remember, China won't make figures it it doesn't hit a certain number. They are in business to stay in business. If it costs more to put the lights on than it does to make 1000 figures...guess what, your pre-order doesn't mean SQUAT! And they basically have held your money for up to 6 months.

Again, this isn't whining...this is a reality check. The reality is this : The more you alienate your ultimate consumer base with stuff like exclusives the more customers you will lose. They lost me over a year ago with the whole Meijers fiasco with the DC figures. Hasbro did it with the POTF2 figures when they went internet exclusive with Leia in Hoth. How did the Matell club end up?? Oh yeah, that folded too. There is proof out there...but some are too blind to see the REALITY that is right in front of their faces. Oh, and still waiting to hear from the vendors that are selling Mego...haven't heard a peep yet out of them. It's gotta really suck that you can't even get a small piece of the action when it comes to the exclusives without having to pay for your own exclusive and they are the ones that are keeping Megos in sight for the collectors. All the power to them...but they are getting screwed from a business perspective.
          Last edited by Blue Meanie; Sep 26, '21, 6:42 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Here's the thing: you CAN buy the product. You may not like the price, or the shipping, or the limit on quantity, but you can go to their site each week and purchase their product. If Topps doesn't offer shipping to your area, you can buy on the secondary market. Mego, through Topps, is making brand new Megos available for you to obtain. It is absolutely entitlement to demand that they make them all easy for you, personally, to obtain.

Of all the Topps releases, I've chosen to buy only two of them so far. I can't afford to buy all of them. If I could afford it, I would. Even so, I am thrilled that these great Megos are available. If Mego never releases, say Worf, to retail, then I may never buy him for my collection. But that's MY decision, and I'm glad that Topps has given me the option.
            If we were on Facebook, I would give this a “like”. I would like to add that there isn’t a production limit. Many NECA preorders sell out in minutes and the customer is left hoping they find one elsewhere. The Topps customer can order as many as they want without having to worry about product running out because they’re made on demand. There’s no reason to have to even take anyone else or their finances into consideration.

Having said that, I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. Order if you want, don’t order if you don’t. Don’t worry so much about Mego trying something new as a company. They’re very aware if it’s working or not.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• puckace
              Museum Super Collector
              • Feb 5, 2009

I'm glad that some of you are ok with the way the TOPPS/Mego partnership is currently running. However, I don't think it is whining to expect better than the Matty Collector model of selling your product. TOPPS absolutely could do better with the shipping rates. (Canada is highway robbery) And I say these things as someone who wants Mego to succeed and have even bought more than I normally would to support their product. I have picked up 7 of the 12 offered so far by TOPPS. I would have picked up all of them if I could have combined shipping for the multiple orders over the weeks. I hope TOPPS and Mego can come up with something better.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by puckace
                I'm glad that some of you are ok with the way the TOPPS/Mego partnership is currently running. However, I don't think it is whining to expect better than the Matty Collector model of selling your product. TOPPS absolutely could do better with the shipping rates. (Canada is highway robbery) And I say these things as someone who wants Mego to succeed and have even bought more than I normally would to support their product. I have picked up 7 of the 12 offered so far by TOPPS. I would have picked up all of them if I could have combined shipping for the multiple orders over the weeks. I hope TOPPS and Mego can come up with something better.
                BINGO!!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. Spot on. Thank you.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 18, 2015

Here's the thing: you CAN buy the product.
                  No, I CANNOT.

I can buy Worf and the Borg Queen. I cannot buy Shazam, Black Adam, Kor, TMP Spock, Astronaut Taylor, Zira, Captain Sisko, Quark, Ra's Al Ghul, or Green Arrow. They're gone.

Imagine if you receive one of these and your dog chews it up. It's gone now, you can't get another unless you go through some scalper who's selling it for quadruple the price. And after a bit, the scalpers' figures will be gone too

Y'all are just mad because people are complaining about something that doesn't affect you.
                  The hands that grip.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                    Y'all are just mad because people are complaining about something that doesn't affect you.
                    I’m never mad about something that doesn’t affect me. Complain away! Know who your target is.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

No, I CANNOT.

I can buy Worf and the Borg Queen. I cannot buy Shazam, Black Adam, Kor, TMP Spock, Astronaut Taylor, Zira, Captain Sisko, Quark, Ra's Al Ghul, or Green Arrow. They're gone.
                      Wait and see which of these characters get offered in another venue. Buy from secondary markets. Trade with other collectors. At the end of the day I’d be willing to bet that these characters are not “gone”.

As far as the dog chewing one up...

That’s a risk that’s not limited nor endemic to the Topps deal. If my Hot Toys Christopher Reeve is damaged in some unforeseen way, there’s no way I could afford to replace it now. Is that a failing of Hot Toys? Of course not.

How spoiled we are as Mego collectors! What we have access to today is so far beyond what we had as kids. I knew the Mego Space: 1999 figures existed when I was a kid but I had no way to get them. I knew the Teen Titans existed when I was a kid but they never showed up at my local K-Mart or Sears. At no time did this ever interfere with my ability to get together with my buddies and have a great time playing with the ones we had.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Andy makes a good point. You’re complaining to some folks here who honestly could care less about these predicaments. I know some don’t expect that sort of reaction from this community but here it is within this thread.
                        I sympathize and it sucks for those this deal doesn’t work for. I’m Canadian so I’m one of them. But raising it to Mego themselves and Topps themselves are where you’ll get meaningful traction; not here.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

I live in Canada and I can really only afford one set a month. It's not an ideal thing for me at all and I gave direct, polite, and honest feedback to both Mego and Topps.

I won't be trying to get into arguments with people who are happy or the ones who are angry. I worked here to make like-minded friends, not rivals.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            Oh, and still waiting to hear from the vendors that are selling Mego...haven't heard a peep yet out of them. It's gotta really suck that you can't even get a small piece of the action when it comes to the exclusives without having to pay for your own exclusive and they are the ones that are keeping Megos in sight for the collectors. All the power to them...but they are getting screwed from a business perspective.
                            Well, I'd say Frank Wojo doesn't have a problem with it, since he posts a picture in the Mego Ambassadors facebook group and announces the figures every release, to promote sales for Topps.

Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 27, '21, 7:46 PM.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 18, 2015

This is probably the last thing I'm going to post in this thread, but I want to clarify...

If you don't take issue with the Mego-Topps deal, and can consistently afford the figures, that's fine, more power to you. But if you're going to belittle the people who do take issue and call them entitled whiners, and you refuse to acknowledge that the terms of the deal are less than ideal for a lot people, then I take issue with you.

It's rude to be dismissive of others' opinions only because you disagree with them.
                              The hands that grip.

Comment

• Riderfan
                                Megos are cool
                                • Feb 14, 2012

This is probably the last thing I'm going to post in this thread, but I want to clarify...

If you don't take issue with the Mego-Topps deal, and can consistently afford the figures, that's fine, more power to you. But if you're going to belittle the people who do take issue and call them entitled whiners, and you refuse to acknowledge that the terms of the deal are less than ideal for a lot people, then I take issue with you.

It's rude to be dismissive of others' opinions only because you disagree with them.
                                Well said. But as Brown Bear pointed out these people couldn't care less so sadly that was a lot of typing for nothing. And online animosity was bound to hit this forum eventually

But more on topic if Mego &/or Topps are listening here is two more figures I would of bought if not for the bend me over shipping charges to Canada, which I can afford but not going to do it on principle.

Hell EBay's 'global shipping program' ripoff seems like a bargain now.

I think I'll stop posting on this thread too
                                I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎