Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Agreed.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

No good deed goes unpunished.

I can't believe all the Mego figures that have been produced, its like a dream come true. But people still have to complain about everything, real or imagined.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

It is frustrating because people who has no idea of how to run a legitimate corporation are trying to tell Mego how to make decisions.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

Whining or complaining just means that Mego is losing more customers for very poor Marketing and straight up lying to customers telling them figures would be available at retail. Also, they are screwing the sellers like Frank Wojo and others with the exclusives. If you can't see that, then you have no idea how retail works. I feel bad for those sellers cause they can't even offer the figures to their customers. And if by MAGIC they end up in later waves then they basically screwed the collectors that thought there were limited amounts of the figures that were made. How would you feel if you bought a figure that was only available for a week and was told we will only make the amount that was pre-ordered and no more??!!?? Last time I saw that was The Playmates 9 inch line that were numbered and then there were the same figures showing up on the shelves that had no numbers. Playmates screwed the pooch and that is why they basically lost their base for the Trek figures, I'll say it til I am blue in the face : You want to literally KILL a toy line, make exclusive figures. But again if you can't understand that then you don't know how retail works and you don't understand how passionate collectors think and react. Just a fact.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

So I guess Mego is done as a company because of Topps...
            Well, it was fun while it lasted.
            R.I.P. Mego.

Comment

• JamesB.
              • Dec 15, 2013

If you are referring to the TOPPS situation, I don't think that it is whining to point out the difficulty in ordering/inability to afford to have a product shipped to you.

I take it that you and most of the people on this thread live the United States, correct? Well if so, you are very fortunate in that respect as you get access to EVERYTHING toy and collectibles-wise. You guys want for nothing in this respect. We Canadians (just right next door) and others are being screwed in this TOPPS deal with outrageous ($60 plus) shipping fees. Plus we have the additional 30-plus % exchange rate and potential customs fees added on. I really can't expect you or anyone else in the USA to understand the frustration that collectors internationally are feeling.

I shouldn't have to go in and split with other collectors across the country to get a figure, ask an American collector to buy something for me, or jump through hoops to get a toy. I really don't think anyone here has the right to say that those who are expressing frustration are "whining."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

The whining just gets old, here and on facebook.
                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Sep 23, '21, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  The whining just gets old, here and on facebook.
                  So does your inordinate love of alleged special guests on podcasts. Someone calls you out on it and you whine and got them banned from ambassadors.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

There is always going to be a need for honest critical feedback, it gets things changed.

Stuff like the Canadian shipping to Topps, that’s important, they took a meeting with Topps about it. I see behind the scenes how seriously they take the criticism, I’ve been quite adamant about it. They do react but they are people and if your criticism is written in a caustic tone, they’ll likely tune it out.

People who feel overwhelmed or discouraged by Topps need to be heard, that is also important in my opinion.

A lot of good feedback is drowned out by people just being difficult. I know from experience that there are some among us that will never be happy. They scan for the negative and move on to the next thing to be irate about. I read all the comments on FB, YT, I know the patterns.

I think we can all do without name-calling, crapping on people’s “look what I just got” happy posts with a rant about how you can’t find it or how you hate the packaging. We can do without snapping at people trying to solve your problem. They're just trying to be kind.

We can do without projecting conspiracies on the company, endlessly repeating a problem, day in and out. Want to complain about Wal-Mart? Contact Wal-Mart! Seriously, Mego would love to ship the figures to every location, it’s not their call. Don’t like a license choice? Cool but maybe don’t name call those that are excited about it. Where does that get anyone?

Most of all and this is on us, how about we act as a community? A lot of this weird animosity isn’t anybody’s fault but our own. There is no “side” to this, I’ve seen it everywhere.

Be slow to judge, be kind and be respectful.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      So does your inordinate love of alleged special guests on podcasts. Someone calls you out on it and you whine and got them banned from ambassadors.
                      I'm pretty sure I know to whom this refers and they were given a ridiculously long leash before they were banned. No whining from Lonnie is going to get someone banned on its own. There was a chorus.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                        There is always going to be a need for honest critical feedback, it gets things changed.

Stuff like the Canadian shipping to Topps, that’s important, they took a meeting with Topps about it. I see behind the scenes how seriously they take the criticism, I’ve been quite adamant about it. They do react but they are people and if your criticism is written in a caustic tone, they’ll likely tune it out.

People who feel overwhelmed or discouraged by Topps need to be heard, that is also important in my opinion.

A lot of good feedback is drowned out by people just being difficult. I know from experience that there are some among us that will never be happy. They scan for the negative and move on to the next thing to be irate about. I read all the comments on FB, YT, I know the patterns.

I think we can all do without name-calling, crapping on people’s “look what I just got” happy posts with a rant about how you can’t find it or how you hate the packaging. We can do without snapping at people trying to solve your problem. They're just trying to be kind.

We can do without projecting conspiracies on the company, endlessly repeating a problem, day in and out. Want to complain about Wal-Mart? Contact Wal-Mart! Seriously, Mego would love to ship the figures to every location, it’s not their call. Don’t like a license choice? Cool but maybe don’t name call those that are excited about it. Where does that get anyone?

Most of all and this is on us, how about we act as a community? A lot of this weird animosity isn’t anybody’s fault but our own. There is no “side” to this, I’ve seen it everywhere.

Be slow to judge, be kind and be respectful.
                        I would second this, only in a much more grouchy, less productive manner.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          I'm pretty sure I know to whom this refers and they were given a ridiculously long leash before they were banned. No whining from Lonnie is going to get someone banned on its own. There was a chorus.
                          Was the “offender” told this? Seems like mods there are heavy handed with expulsions,locking and deleting threads
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

I do no whining. If someone got banned from ambassadors, it was their actions and not mine. I had nothing to do with it. Is it a problem that I am a fan (short for fanatic, look it up) of the people behind the toys I collect? If any ambassador has a problem with someone liking Joel or Marty, maybe they shouldn't be and ambassador. Plain and simple. These are two of the men behind every figure Mego makes. I'm very glad they are there. If someone has a podcast and invites Joel, he is indeed a "special guest". It's not because of me, that's just how it works.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Was the “offender” told this? Seems like mods there are heavy handed with expulsions,locking and deleting threads
                              They can't win. If they weed aggressively, people complain. If they give people a longer leash and multiple warnings, people complain. Been there, done that.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎