X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Gabriel Lone Ranger Ads from the UK

I was sent these wonderful ads for the Iconic Gabriel Lone Ranger Toy line from the United Kingdom (Where the line enjoyed long-lasting success). The craftsmanship that Marx (The UK distributor) put into these is rather joyous. This toyline had a whole universe of characters, horses and outfit sets, it really would be a […]
    The post Gabriel Lone Ranger Ads from the UK appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

These are wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.

I love this line, and am beyond happy to have a pretty nice "basic" set of Ranger, Tonto, Butch and Dan Reid, along with Silver and Scout. The horses are the original ones I had as a kid, bought for me by my grandparents when they were reissued in 1981 for The Legend of the Lone Ranger movie push.

Interesting that in one ad they are designated as 10" and in another its 9 1/2"!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I just love those pics!! Makes me want to unpack my Gabriel collection and put it all together. The good ole days. Thanks Brian for another beautiful trip into yester-year.

Comment

• Falstaff13
        Persistent Member
        • May 28, 2008

These are fantastic. Thank you.
        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

That "peril on the train tracks" picture is worthy of a View Master Reel!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Gabriel Lone Ranger line was really one of the best, thanks for sharing this.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

Great post. Those ads are awesome. Just this past weekend, I was at a small outdoor toy show and picked up the Lone Ranger covered wagon with horse and calvary officer. I pulled out my other Gabriel Lone Ranger stuff and started sorting though it to see what needed cleaning so I can make a nice display. It's a wonderful, underapprecated line. It's like Big Jim, in that its best stuff actually came when the line went over to Europe.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

I can't help but acknowledge how great this line is! And these are some great ads for a great line.

I say can't help because I never had any interest in them as kid. I felt they most western-themed things were lame and for "old" people. You know, people in their 30s. I still have no interest in collecting them but I cannot deny how well-made this line is. Great articulation and great outfits. I can see why that, if you dug the Lone Ranger or just appreciate great toys, you would dig this line.
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎