MIA Characters...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoMam
    • Dec 21, 2015

Sorry scrape that about Kid Flash, my ancient memory was confusing his tenure with the New Teen Titans with Aqualads. We probably will see Kid Flash on an adult body in the same wave as BB and WG.

Comment

• danadoll
      Micronaut Nut!
      • Apr 11, 2005

I disagree about Vixen, she's been in more than one cartoon series (2 seasons of Justice League Unlimited, even had her own Arrow Universe animated movie) and in more than one live action DC series now...hardly obscure.

Dana
      Last edited by danadoll; Oct 12, '21, 10:49 PM.
      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

It's wild to me that between nu Mego and FTC we have not gotten Vixen or Bumblebee. In fact all around Bumblebee barely got any figures at all besides the DC Superhero Girls line.

I guess maybe the wings would make her harder to make but I would take a figure without the wings if that's what it takes and find wings to add myself.

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
          It's wild to me that between nu Mego and FTC we have not gotten Vixen or Bumblebee. In fact all around Bumblebee barely got any figures at all besides the DC Superhero Girls line.

I guess maybe the wings would make her harder to make but I would take a figure without the wings if that's what it takes and find wings to add myself.
          with most figures, it comes down to (1) brand recognition and (2) desire by the widest amount of collectors.

this mentality is why we get sold and re-sold Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman more often than ANY OTHER DC characters.

there is a HUGE untapped market for action figure depicting POC. the fact that Mattel's recent SUN Man Exclusive release sold out in two hours, points to this.

The way to get the companies to understand you would spend money on these figures to to write them, text them, go to their FaceBook and Twitter pages and BOMBARD them with what you want to buy.

I did it to NuMego by asking every day for Hammer Monsters, Lee Falk's the Phantom, and universal monsters. So hey, 2 out of 3 ain't too shabby. lol
          Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
          https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by darkbros
            with most figures, it comes down to (1) brand recognition and (2) desire by the widest amount of collectors.

this mentality is why we get sold and re-sold Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman more often than ANY OTHER DC characters.

there is a HUGE untapped market for action figure depicting POC. the fact that Mattel's recent SUN Man Exclusive release sold out in two hours, points to this.

The way to get the companies to understand you would spend money on these figures to to write them, text them, go to their FaceBook and Twitter pages and BOMBARD them with what you want to buy.

I did it to NuMego by asking every day for Hammer Monsters, Lee Falk's the Phantom, and universal monsters. So hey, 2 out of 3 ain't too shabby. lol
            I grew up in the 90s where there were only white male action figures primarily made... especially with the 12 inch GI JOE line which is what I collected as a young child. I always had a little OCD and hated when I couldn't get all the characters in action figure form from a comic or movie. One of the charms when I found out about Mego was the idea that they made Uhura from Star Trek. I am not sure why it appealed to me so much but I always found that to be special to me.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
              Youngest Mego Fan
              • Aug 30, 2019

Originally posted by jrfjr126rock
              lillith had a prototype i remember seeing but yeah it is bizarre that we haven't gotten bumblebee but have gotten so many other lesser teen titans. You also just reminded me we never got an aquaman wave... Could've been cool to get mera, ocean master and a modern black manta.

Ideally i wish ftc just released every core hero and their villain in addition to batman/superman characters. Would've loved cyborg/grid, firestorm/killer frost, green arrow/deathstroke, etc

i just think ftc and dc's ship has sailed which makes me sad because they were giving us some great side characters that mego won't ever give us. Although who knows, i didn't expect to get a ras figure so soon from mego.
              i want them to do grid ahhhhhhh
              FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                Career Member
                • Jul 23, 2019

They should make Cain and Abel from the House of Mystery and the House of Secrets. That would be pretty cool for both a DC line or to add to our collection of horror-themed figures.
                "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jun 29, 2018

Oh I would love to see a Vertigo Sandman line. Or Preacher. ARSEFACE!

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

There's so many characters they could do that I don't imagine Mego will touch on.

more Teen Titans, more Batman TAS characters like Mad Hatter, Mr Freeze, Phantasm etc, Modern Suicide Squad including newer looks for Boomerang, Harley, etc

Still am not sure why they couldn't have made Nubia?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I am still waiting for a retro line of comic style Hellboy and pals. FTC already has the bodies to do Hellboy
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

I’m actually waiting for their next release of Presidents, and wondering which ones they’ll be??? I’d like to see Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower and maybe Grant.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
                          I’m actually waiting for their next release of Presidents, and wondering which ones they’ll be??? I’d like to see Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower and maybe Grant.
                          The confirmed Biden and Harris were being made.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

They should make a Mike Pence figure.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I'd like more 18th & 19th-century presidents, for their clothing. I'm curious to see how FTC will have Jefferson costumed--his portraits vary.
                              Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 22, '21, 8:24 AM.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                I'd like more 18th & 19th-century presidents, for their clothing. I'm curious to see how FTC will have Jefferson costumed--his portraits vary.
                                That would be interesting, guessing something similar to Washington in black outfit.
                                They could do Grant in both Civil War union blue and something similar to Lincoln outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎