X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

MIA Characters...

Who cares about another Batman...where's Bumblebee? BTW, why haven't FTC made Vixen or Mal/the Herald yet? Or even Jon Stewart the Green Lantern (Mego made him before they did)? I know they're slow on making minority characters, but sheesh! I'll even take a Black Manta, unmasked! Please!?...SOMETHING!

They still haven't even made these somewhat popular, non-minority characters yet, like Zatanna, Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, 80s Changeling or current Beast Boy, 80s Wonder Girl (Donna Troy, as an adult...she can't be that hard to make), 80s Kid Flash, 80s Speedy, Lilith, etc...

Not that I'm a fan of most of these (I am a fan of Beast Boy via the Doom Patrol), but I'd like to see more options for ethnic figures (like the above Bumblebee, Mal, Vixen, etc...) for customization reasons.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Sep 20, '21, 3:29 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

I listed the few poc heroes and villains I know from DC, as I can't recall many. I'm more of a Marvel guy and DC has always seemed more pale to me.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Sep 30, '21, 3:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• MegoMam
      • Dec 21, 2015

Maybe they can make a deal with Topps and solve all your woes

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Paul_Kirk_II_02.jpg
        The Manhunter Paul Kirk

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
          Career Member
          • Jul 23, 2019

I have been collecting the FTC Superman figures (although the Lois I recently received was missing both her shoes and her microphone). I wish they would give us a few more side characters from that line such as Morgan Edge, Steve Lombard, Lana Lang and even the various incarnations of Jimmy Olsen (Werewolf, Elastic Lad, Giant Turtle Man, etc). I would also love a Daily Planet playset. I want to make one using a CTVT diorama, but I am no good at coming up with the colourful and unique artwork.
          Last edited by TheVintageToyKid; Jan 28, '22, 3:11 PM.
          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by danadoll
            Who cares about another Batman...where's Bumblebee? BTW, why haven't FTC made Vixen or Mal/the Herald yet? Or even Jon Stewart the Green Lantern (Mego made him before they did)? I know they're slow on making minority characters, but sheesh! I'll even take a Black Manta, unmasked! Please!?...SOMETHING!

They still haven't even made these somewhat popular, non-minority characters yet, like Zatanna, Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, 80s Changeling or current Beast Boy, 80s Wonder Girl (Donna Troy, as an adult...she can't be that hard to make), 80s Kid Flash, 80s Speedy, Lilith, etc...

Not that I'm a fan of most of these (I am a fan of Beast Boy via the Doom Patrol), but I'd like to see more options for ethnic figures (like the above Bumblebee, Mal, Vixen, etc...) for customization reasons.

Dana
            Lillith had a prototype I remember seeing but yeah it is bizarre that we haven't gotten Bumblebee but have gotten so many other lesser Teen Titans. You also just reminded me we never got an Aquaman wave... could've been cool to get Mera, Ocean Master and a modern Black Manta.

Ideally I wish FTC just released every core hero and their villain in addition to Batman/Superman characters. Would've loved Cyborg/Grid, Firestorm/Killer Frost, Green Arrow/Deathstroke, etc

I just think FTC and DC's ship has sailed which makes me sad because they were giving us some great side characters that Mego won't ever give us. Although who knows, I didn't expect to get a Ras figure so soon from Mego.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sure we'll still see some fun DC stuff from FTC, there's the lag from Covid in manufacturing and shipping.

Also, I'm betting they took it on the chin for the recent Wonder Woman wave; hopefully doing a bit of regrouping and analysis on that.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I'm sure we'll still see some fun DC stuff from FTC, there's the lag from Covid in manufacturing and shipping.

Also, I'm betting they took it on the chin for the recent Wonder Woman wave; hopefully doing a bit of regrouping and analysis on that.
                I wonder if the route to go would be to just sell individual items? Heads, outfits, bodies and cards?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Funny that Mego hasn't had all that much of a Covid lag. They seem like they flood the market nonstop
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

Originally posted by MegoMam
                    Maybe they can make a deal with Topps and solve all your woes
                    Bitter about Topps, are we? Was your comment even necessary?

Dana

Comment

• MegoMam
                      • Dec 21, 2015

My point was simply that your talking some pretty obscure characters with limited interest to most collectors, exactly what the Topps deal is supposed to be all about.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

My point was simply that your talking some pretty obscure characters with limited interest to most collectors, exactly what the Topps deal is supposed to be all about.
                        At one point, FTC was pretty good at making those characters. Like Halo, Metamorpho, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate, Firestorm, Duela Dent, Bat-Girl and, does Plastic Man count as obscure? I never see him on mass merch. That's one thing that FTC had going for it. Outside of Ra's Al Ghul, Mego hasn't taken a deep dive into the DC Comics character catalog. Maybe Ra's is a sign of things to come from Mego. But FTC felt like the best chance at getting more obscure DC Comics characters, but I will be happy if FTC can squeeze out the previously announced Black Lightning and Katana, much less any other obscure characters, or characters of color.

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

Are you okay? How are Vixen, Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Green Lantern (John Stewart), 80s Changeling or current Beast Boy, 80s Kid Flash, 80s Speedy, 80s Wonder Girl or Bumblebee...obscure?
                          Last edited by danadoll; Oct 2, '21, 8:26 PM.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

They should release a Thomas Wayne wearing the "original" Batman costume as seen in 'The Untold Legend of The Batman'.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• MegoMam
                              • Dec 21, 2015

Hawkgirl, Zatanna and Bumblebee have already been announced, I suspect we will see an 80's changeling at some point. John Stewart as already been done by 2 other companies. FTC focuses on Silver and even more so Bronze age heroes, during this time Vixen was obscure at best being a member of the most hated Justice league lineup of all time. I assume but 80's Speedy Kid Flash and Wondergirl you really mean you want them on 8 inch bodies not teen. But think about it they hardly existed in the 80s, basically only to help launch the New Teen Titans, obscure. Speedy launched the bronze age with his retirement form the business and came back as Arsenal. Kid Flash had what 6 issues (less) of the New Teen Titans before he quit, basically not to return until Crisis. Wondergirl may see release when we get Beast Boy, though I suspect it will be Troia in the black star suit.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎