Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIA Characters...

My point was simply that your talking some pretty obscure characters with limited interest to most collectors, exactly what the Topps deal is supposed to be all about.

Quote Originally Posted by MegoMam View Post
    My point was simply that your talking some pretty obscure characters with limited interest to most collectors, exactly what the Topps deal is supposed to be all about.
    At one point, FTC was pretty good at making those characters. Like Halo, Metamorpho, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate, Firestorm, Duela Dent, Bat-Girl and, does Plastic Man count as obscure? I never see him on mass merch. That's one thing that FTC had going for it. Outside of Ra's Al Ghul, Mego hasn't taken a deep dive into the DC Comics character catalog. Maybe Ra's is a sign of things to come from Mego. But FTC felt like the best chance at getting more obscure DC Comics characters, but I will be happy if FTC can squeeze out the previously announced Black Lightning and Katana, much less any other obscure characters, or characters of color.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MegoMam View Post
    Are you okay? How are Vixen, Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Green Lantern (John Stewart), 80s Changeling or current Beast Boy, 80s Kid Flash, 80s Speedy, 80s Wonder Girl or Bumblebee...obscure?
    Last edited by danadoll; Oct 2, '21 at 8:26 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    They should release a Thomas Wayne wearing the "original" Batman costume as seen in 'The Untold Legend of The Batman'.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Hawkgirl, Zatanna and Bumblebee have already been announced, I suspect we will see an 80's changeling at some point. John Stewart as already been done by 2 other companies. FTC focuses on Silver and even more so Bronze age heroes, during this time Vixen was obscure at best being a member of the most hated Justice league lineup of all time. I assume but 80's Speedy Kid Flash and Wondergirl you really mean you want them on 8 inch bodies not teen. But think about it they hardly existed in the 80s, basically only to help launch the New Teen Titans, obscure. Speedy launched the bronze age with his retirement form the business and came back as Arsenal. Kid Flash had what 6 issues (less) of the New Teen Titans before he quit, basically not to return until Crisis. Wondergirl may see release when we get Beast Boy, though I suspect it will be Troia in the black star suit.

Sorry scrape that about Kid Flash, my ancient memory was confusing his tenure with the New Teen Titans with Aqualads. We probably will see Kid Flash on an adult body in the same wave as BB and WG.

Images
    I disagree about Vixen, she's been in more than one cartoon series (2 seasons of Justice League Unlimited, even had her own Arrow Universe animated movie) and in more than one live action DC series now...hardly obscure.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Oct 12, '21 at 10:49 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

It's wild to me that between nu Mego and FTC we have not gotten Vixen or Bumblebee. In fact all around Bumblebee barely got any figures at all besides the DC Superhero Girls line.

I guess maybe the wings would make her harder to make but I would take a figure without the wings if that's what it takes and find wings to add myself.

https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrfjr126rock View Post
    It's wild to me that between nu Mego and FTC we have not gotten Vixen or Bumblebee. In fact all around Bumblebee barely got any figures at all besides the DC Superhero Girls line.

I guess maybe the wings would make her harder to make but I would take a figure without the wings if that's what it takes and find wings to add myself.
    with most figures, it comes down to (1) brand recognition and (2) desire by the widest amount of collectors.

this mentality is why we get sold and re-sold Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman more often than ANY OTHER DC characters.

there is a HUGE untapped market for action figure depicting POC. the fact that Mattel's recent SUN Man Exclusive release sold out in two hours, points to this.

The way to get the companies to understand you would spend money on these figures to to write them, text them, go to their FaceBook and Twitter pages and BOMBARD them with what you want to buy.

I did it to NuMego by asking every day for Hammer Monsters, Lee Falk's the Phantom, and universal monsters. So hey, 2 out of 3 ain't too shabby. lol
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Quote Originally Posted by darkbros View Post
    with most figures, it comes down to (1) brand recognition and (2) desire by the widest amount of collectors.

this mentality is why we get sold and re-sold Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman more often than ANY OTHER DC characters.

there is a HUGE untapped market for action figure depicting POC. the fact that Mattel's recent SUN Man Exclusive release sold out in two hours, points to this.

The way to get the companies to understand you would spend money on these figures to to write them, text them, go to their FaceBook and Twitter pages and BOMBARD them with what you want to buy.

I did it to NuMego by asking every day for Hammer Monsters, Lee Falk's the Phantom, and universal monsters. So hey, 2 out of 3 ain't too shabby. lol
    I grew up in the 90s where there were only white male action figures primarily made... especially with the 12 inch GI JOE line which is what I collected as a young child. I always had a little OCD and hated when I couldn't get all the characters in action figure form from a comic or movie. One of the charms when I found out about Mego was the idea that they made Uhura from Star Trek. I am not sure why it appealed to me so much but I always found that to be special to me.