Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIA Characters...

Images

MIA Characters...

Who cares about another Batman...where's Bumblebee? BTW, why haven't FTC made Vixen or Mal/the Herald yet? Or even Jon Stewart the Green Lantern (Mego made him before they did)? I know they're slow on making minority characters, but sheesh! I'll even take a Black Manta, unmasked! Please!?...SOMETHING!

They still haven't even made these somewhat popular, non-minority characters yet, like Zatanna, Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, 80s Changeling or current Beast Boy, 80s Wonder Girl (Donna Troy, as an adult...she can't be that hard to make), 80s Kid Flash, 80s Speedy, Lilith, etc...

Not that I'm a fan of most of these (I am a fan of Beast Boy via the Doom Patrol), but I'd like to see more options for ethnic figures (like the above Bumblebee, Mal, Vixen, etc...) for customization reasons.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Sep 20, '21 at 3:29 PM.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Images
    I listed the few poc heroes and villains I know from DC, as I can't recall many. I'm more of a Marvel guy and DC has always seemed more pale to me.

Dana
    Last edited by danadoll; Sep 30, '21 at 3:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

Maybe they can make a deal with Topps and solve all your woes

Images
    Paul_Kirk_II_02.jpg
    The Manhunter Paul Kirk

Images
    I have been collecting the FTC Superman figures (although the Lois I recently received was missing both her shoes and her microphone). I wish they would give us a few more side characters from that line such as Morgan Edge, Steve Lombard, Lana Land and even the various incarnations of Jimmy Olsen (Werewolf, Elastic Lad, Giant Turtle Man, etc). I would also love a Daily Planet playset. I want to make one using a CTVT diorama, but I am no good at coming up with the colourful and unique artwork.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Quote Originally Posted by danadoll View Post
    Who cares about another Batman...where's Bumblebee? BTW, why haven't FTC made Vixen or Mal/the Herald yet? Or even Jon Stewart the Green Lantern (Mego made him before they did)? I know they're slow on making minority characters, but sheesh! I'll even take a Black Manta, unmasked! Please!?...SOMETHING!

They still haven't even made these somewhat popular, non-minority characters yet, like Zatanna, Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman, 80s Changeling or current Beast Boy, 80s Wonder Girl (Donna Troy, as an adult...she can't be that hard to make), 80s Kid Flash, 80s Speedy, Lilith, etc...

Not that I'm a fan of most of these (I am a fan of Beast Boy via the Doom Patrol), but I'd like to see more options for ethnic figures (like the above Bumblebee, Mal, Vixen, etc...) for customization reasons.

Dana
    Lillith had a prototype I remember seeing but yeah it is bizarre that we haven't gotten Bumblebee but have gotten so many other lesser Teen Titans. You also just reminded me we never got an Aquaman wave... could've been cool to get Mera, Ocean Master and a modern Black Manta.

Ideally I wish FTC just released every core hero and their villain in addition to Batman/Superman characters. Would've loved Cyborg/Grid, Firestorm/Killer Frost, Green Arrow/Deathstroke, etc

I just think FTC and DC's ship has sailed which makes me sad because they were giving us some great side characters that Mego won't ever give us. Although who knows, I didn't expect to get a Ras figure so soon from Mego.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure we'll still see some fun DC stuff from FTC, there's the lag from Covid in manufacturing and shipping.

Also, I'm betting they took it on the chin for the recent Wonder Woman wave; hopefully doing a bit of regrouping and analysis on that.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I'm sure we'll still see some fun DC stuff from FTC, there's the lag from Covid in manufacturing and shipping.

Also, I'm betting they took it on the chin for the recent Wonder Woman wave; hopefully doing a bit of regrouping and analysis on that.
    I wonder if the route to go would be to just sell individual items? Heads, outfits, bodies and cards?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post

Funny that Mego hasn't had all that much of a Covid lag. They seem like they flood the market nonstop
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MegoMam View Post
    Maybe they can make a deal with Topps and solve all your woes
    Bitter about Topps, are we? Was your comment even necessary?

Dana