X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Spirit Halloween Store--Vintage-style masks

We visited Spirit Halloween today after lunch today to browse.

They have a terrific series of plastic "vintage" masks in pop colors: Ape, Skull, Werewolf, Cat, Clown, Frankenstein Monster, Vampire, Mummy, Devil, & Pumpkin. A witch would have rounded them out nicely, the look and style are fun. I particularly liked the Skull and Mummy, but all are striking. Some have mesh eyes.

They retail at a pricey $12. I think they would make great decor items as well as disguises.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 19, '21, 9:08 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! They look really cool.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for linking. They don't show the Ape or Skull, which is a shame. There is a Cat variant, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Man, those weren't on display at the Spirit store we visited last weekend, but they were still stocking shelves.

I think I need that werewolf, and maybe the vampire/Dracula. I have the Universal Frankenstein from Target a few years back.

Speaking of Target, the Pumpkin and Cat masks look directly based on some vintage style figurines I picked up there a few years ago.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Those do look good. I am thinking about picking some up now.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Thanks for linking. They don't show the Ape or Skull, which is a shame. There is a Cat variant, too.
            Is this the Ape Mask you saw? It probably didn't show up because it's sold out online.
            https://www.spirithalloween.com/prod...ask/226163.uts

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah! Loved the colors on it, purple and dark magenta.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah I've seen them for the last few years and they're really eye catching. Regarding Spirit Halloween stores, there are allot fewer of them this year in Louisville and opening allot later too. We only have one open right now and another opening in another few days. Thats it. The Pandemic and lack of help has really hit allot of seasonal stores hard.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Holy full-moon fun!… the Ape mask is Conquest-goodness!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Just got a 20% off in-store and online coupon in the mail. Huzzah!!!

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎