Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Chaos Snake Attack looks to be part of a pretty good toy line and the figures are nice, if they make other playsets they should be really cool, they are surprising toys.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Y'know, I wouldn't mind a translucent Power of Grayskull Origins He-Man.

Will this line's cycles accommodate Origins figures?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Klosterheim
        Chaos Snake Attack looks to be part of a pretty good toy line and the figures are nice, if they make other playsets they should be really cool, they are surprising toys.
        I'm impressed the amount of effort Mattel is putting into this line.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Y'know, I wouldn't mind a translucent Power of Grayskull Origins He-Man.

Will this line's cycles accommodate Origins figures?
        Yes, they fit perfectly. Origins Skeletor looks really cool on the Panthor bike.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks, I was curious if their hands could grip the handlebars properly.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Thanks, I was curious if their hands could grip the handlebars properly.
            The handlebars are little bigger around than origins grip. Kind of like the first full power sword for Origins. Just a bit too big. They can still put their hands on them and look great on the bikes.

hmpanthor2.JPG

I still need to take pics of the 8 1/2 inch figures. They are the equivalent of those 12 inch budget hero super hero figures. Less paint than the 5 1/2 inch figures but more articulation.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 27, 2010

Ok will definitely be picking up some playsets and vehicles to go with my origins figures. I saw a preview of the cartoon and it looks pretty cool not into the toy figures but I am not the intended audience. I did see Masterverse wave 2 at Walmart and picked up Teela, Man At Arms and Spikor. I left Beastman behind because i think he was missing a extra hand in the package.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                I did see Masterverse wave 2 at Walmart and picked up Teela, Man At Arms and Spikor. I left Beastman behind because i think he was missing a extra hand in the package.
                That Man at Arms is really nice. Definitely the best of wave 2.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

I was just a little too old to buy Masters of the Universe toys when they hit. I watched the cartoon before school and wished I was a couple of years younger, but I think at 14, I didn't want to be caught on the toy aisle even though I still felt the draw. That said, I bought my first Masters of the Universe figure in Walmart the other day when I found an Origins Skeletor for $4 on the clearance aisle. Couldn't pass it up and it looks so cool, I put it on my desk.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Makernaut
                    That said, I bought my first Masters of the Universe figure in Walmart the other day when I found an Origins Skeletor for $4 on the clearance aisle. Couldn't pass it up and it looks so cool, I put it on my desk.
                    That's awesome!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Origins is a fantastic line. Anyone who hasn't checked it out, should IMO.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Got the lights and sounds role play power sword today. It is the exact same colors as the 1989 He-Man electronic power sword. Gold handle and semi translucent neon yellow blade. That's got to be on purpose.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Battle Cat

hmbattlecat.JPG

More articulation than I would have expected for this line. Opening jaw, ball hinge tail and elbows. Swivel feet and the back legs have kind of a ratchet at the hip joints. The shoulder joints have back and forth and side to side slashing action feature and cannot be posed. The Armor is not removable. Solid toy with an excellent sculpt. A bit smaller than Origins Battle Cat. Not as tall because of the more crouched sculpt. Origins He-Man still fits on him just fine.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Orko

hmorko.JPG

Orko\Ork-0 is a robot drone in the new series repaired by Duncan and imprinted with the memories of the original Orko.

Like most Orko figures he is a bit larger than he is in the cartoon. Terrific sculpt which suffers from the lack of paint. They really should have painted his scarf. The only articulation is neck, wrist and shoulders. He still has the twist waist punching feature which is used to launch his blast effect. The blast effect is sculpted to fit on either arm. The translucent base is not removable.
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 29, '22, 8:10 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

He's cute.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Sorceress

hmsorceress.JPG

Sorceress is Teela's powered up form in the new cartoon. The actual Sorceress of Grayskull is now called Eldress.

Unlike Orko, Sorceress has decent amount of paint. He face paint is lovely and especially well done. Her accessories are the staff of Zoar, translucent purple wings and removable translucent helmet. The wings actually have blue glitter mixed into the plastic. It's a nice effect.

It's not really clear how the waves of these break down but I think Orko and Sorceress are wave 3, Evil-Lyn and Powers of Grayskull He-Man are wave 2 and He-Man, Man at Arms, Skeletor and Trap Jaw are wave 1.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎