X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe kid's line series 1

The return of the twist waist power punch.

hm1.JPG

Also has a second slashing action done by pulling back on the figure. 7 POA neck, shoulders, wrist and hips. Different proportions but same 5 1/2 inch scale as vintage MOTU and Origins. Looks like there will be some cross compatibility between this line and Origins. He-Man fits in Origins Landshark, Wind Raider and can ride Battle Cat just fine. There's a peg on one side of the power sword so He-Man can store it on his back. It's a sturdy well made figure and reasonable priced at $9.99.

I've been hearing the cartoon is actually pretty good and keeps the upbeat spirit of the original series unlike the relentlessly dark Revelation.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

Those new toys do look pretty good.

I saw just a hint of the series, I'll check it out sometime.

Sounds like they know how to make good figures.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Skeletor with Panthor.

hmpanthor.JPG

Yeah, I guess, Panthor is a motorcycle now. To the best of my knowledge the vehicles aren't in the show and I'm guessing are probably toy only designs. It's a cool looking motorcycle. The colors really pop. Dig the neon green wheels. Rolls well and has no trouble balancing on its own. It does have weapon storage for Skeletor's Havoc staff and the handlebars are adjustable.

Skeletor is a repaint of the single carded figure. The color scheme has to be an homage to the infamous "disco Skeletor" from the 2002 line. It's too on the nose not to be. Skeletor has the same punching action features as He-Man. No articulation at the neck but does have swivel articulation at the ankles which He-Man lacked.

For $19.99 you get a nice sized good quality vehicle and an articulated 5 1/2 inch figure with weapon. Not too shabby.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 2, '21, 3:20 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

He-Man with Ground Ripper.

hmripper.JPG

It's pretty much the Road Ripper turned into a motorcycle. It's nice but a think the Panthor cycle is just a bit cooler looking. Same as Panthor it has no trouble balancing, rolls well and has weapon storage for He-Man's sword.

He-Man is a repaint of the single carded figure. Except for the bright yellow sword I kind of like this color scheme better than the other He-Man. I think the colors are a bit more classic He-Man looking.

Origins figures are in perfect scale with the bikes and have no problem fitting on them.
        Last edited by Werewolf; Oct 2, '21, 9:24 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Information on this line is a little scarce. So I worked up a checklist of everything I am aware of. I hope this helps.

5 1/2 figures

He-Man
          Man at Arms
          Sorceress
          Ram Ma'am
          Ork-0
          Skeletor
          Trap Jaw
          Evil-Lyn

Vehicles

He-Man with Ground Ripper (The MOTU minis Road Ripper was also renamed Ground Ripper. Might be a copyright issue.)
          Skeletor with Panthor
          Man at Arms with Sky Sled

Playset

Chaos Snake Attack

Large figures

He-Man
          Deluxe Battle Armor He-Man
          Man at Arms
          Skeletor

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Man-at-Arms with Sky Sled

hmskysled.JPG

Unlike the other vehicle packs, this one does not include a weapon. My best guess is his large two piece mace didn't cost out with the extra paint and translucent armor bits they had to use. Oddly there does seem to be a weapon peg still on the side of the bike. I believe this is the short packed vehicle of the assortment.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Trap Jaw.

hmjaw.JPG

Nice detailed sculpt. Could use a little more paint. Does look like the CGI cartoon character. The claw hand is not meant to be removed once snapped in and does not include other weapon attachments. The energy blast accessory is launched by the twist waist punch action.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Nifty. Haven't seen the show and these designs don't totally wow me, but they are overall a fun, clear new take on MOTU.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Skeletor

hmskeletor.JPG

Same as Trap Jaw, really good sculpt but could use a smidge more paint. Some highlights on his face would really bring out the details. I do have a hard time being too nit picky with these considering the low price point and the target audience is kids. They are nice sturdy figures and hopefully kids will dig them. I do like the purple staff that was packed in with the Skeletor that came with the bike over the dark blue this figure came with. I might swap them for display.

Admittedly, I wasn't exactly wowed by the trailer for the new series when I first saw it. I think the trailer did the cartoon a disservice and made it look too generic. From what I've read and the clips I've seen it does actually look pretty good.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Man at Arms

hmmaa.JPG

One of the more drastic re-designs of the new series. Duncan is now a teenager with very Metroid-ish looking armor. Taken on its own it is a good representation of how the character looks powered up in the new cartoon. It's a detailed sculpt with a painted face under a translucent visor. A nicer looking figure than the one that comes with the bike. Surprisingly, Man at Arms has no trouble balancing and standing while holding his ginormous mace.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Chaos Snake Attack playset

hmsnakeplayset.JPG

Origins figures work perfectly with the playset except for the one foot peg. It's a little too long for Origins figures. It's nice to see a playset so early in the line. As with the rest of this line, there's not a lot of paint. A little purple spray on the skulls, some green cracks on the throne and the snake's eyes are painted and there's a little shading on its head. Nice looking sculpt. The translucent giant snake is especially cool looking. The action features are the "2 ways to play" advertised on the box which are the hero and villain mode. They are changed between with a little switch on the snake's tail. In the villain mode you use the snake's tail kind of like a joystick to attack He-Man. The snake's tongue is a lever which activates the biting action. That works well and snaps down fairly hard. In the hero mode you push down on the snake's head which kicks up the tail and hits a switch under the thrown to knock Skeletor off it. It works okay.
                      Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 9, '21, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I never would have considered this with Origins--thank you for the review!
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          I never would have considered this with Origins--thank you for the review!
                          It does have a pretty old school classic MOTU look to it. For $29.99 you really can't go wrong. It's a great display piece.

The MOTU Netflix kids line has been a lot of fun.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Wasn't expecting new figures added so soon. Evil-Lyn and Powers of Grayskull He-man. I'm not sure if these two would be considered just later additions to series 1 or the start of series 2. Series 1.5 maybe? To the best of my knowledge these are the only new items added since the line officially launched on October first. Still Walmart only.

hmlyn.JPG

Same 5 POA is the male figures with the additional boot/feet rotation like Skeletor. The articulation of her right leg is hindered by the skirt. Evil-Lyn has the classic twist waist punch but not the new additional pull back punch of the male figures. Her winged helmet has the most elaborated paint so far of these figures. Her eyes are very detailed as well. The one nitpick I have of the figure is her staff is very flat.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Powers of Grayskull He-Man.

hmpower.JPG

Same figure as the previous series one He-Man molded in a translucent lemon candy color. He-Man has painted power runes on his arms and painted white eyes. I guess this represents him at the moment he is charged up with the power of Grayskull.
                              Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 13, '21, 8:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎