Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favourite Issue of Marvel Star Wars?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    [IMG]
    But the other, more important thing is, this is the last Star Wars comic, after this, came Empire Strikes back and it would expand the Universe and change it forever.
    This little story is the last adventure of farmboy Luke and white gown Leia. The mythos would change, the whole "wild west" era would be no more.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Empire or anything, it's great but that era in between Star Wars and Empire had a certain magic to it. An uncertainness about it and this single issue encapsulate that for me perfectly.
    The period between Star Wars and Empire was a pretty special time and I always felt lucky to have been the right age for it. As far as playing with the toys and thinking about Star Wars adventures, it was pretty awesome to not feel tied to any kind of expectations and a kid could make it all up as they went. I fully remember the time when there was still a little mystery to all of it and my friends and I could be as wild as we wanted with our Star Wars playtime scenarios.

When "The Mandalorian" came out, I told my friends that the stories reminded me of the time between 1977 and 1980 when stories could be a little more free and a lot more imaginative like in the comic book or how we played with the toys back then. Being the same age as me, they knew exactly what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    The period between Star Wars and Empire was a pretty special time and I always felt lucky to have been the right age for it. As far as playing with the toys and thinking about Star Wars adventures, it was pretty awesome to not feel tied to any kind of expectations and a kid could make it all up as they went. I fully remember the time when there was still a little mystery to all of it and my friends and I could be as wild as we wanted with our Star Wars playtime scenarios.

When "The Mandalorian" came out, I told my friends that the stories reminded me of the time between 1977 and 1980 when stories could be a little more free and a lot more imaginative like in the comic book or how we played with the toys back then. Being the same age as me, they knew exactly what I meant.
    Funny you say that...because when I watched The Mandalorian, I kept thinking how much it reminded me of Marvel Star Wars.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    Funny you say that...because when I watched The Mandalorian, I kept thinking how much it reminded me of Marvel Star Wars.
    Oh yeah, it's absolutely why I like it.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/odeon/store/products/