Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The small waist peg looks a little concerning. Other than that it looks great.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
      The small waist peg looks a little concerning. Other than that it looks great.
      The Type S body has a similar peg and have not experienced a break so I wouldn't be too concerned about the Mego one. I think it will hold up. Can hold up better in case kids want to rough with their Megos.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I just think the waist gap will cause problems with some outfits.

Comment

• Chimalpahin
          • Nov 12, 2018

So the knees ar not swivel knees like the type S? Oh that's gonna be so frustrating :( gonna have to find a way to add a thigh cut.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Chimalpahin
            So the knees ar not swivel knees like the type S? Oh that's gonna be so frustrating :( gonna have to find a way to add a thigh cut.
            They’re swivel knees. Same style joint as the elbow, also swivel.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I cannot wait to try them with my band. This new body should work better playing guitar or other musical instruments.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Chimalpahin
                • Nov 12, 2018

Ah thank goodness. I would rather have thigh swivels but this is good too. Should be neat to have

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Chimalpahin
                  Ah thank goodness. I would rather have thigh swivels but this is good too. Should be neat to have
                  Curious... why thigh swivels? The 13" DC Direct figures have thigh swivels and they are terrible because you can clearly see them through the costume, both the cut and how the cut does not line up with the musculature of the thigh.

That's the only experience I can think of with a figure wearing cloth goods with a cut thigh, not a ball-joint hip. Are there some out there that work better than DC Direct's attempt?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I can't recall any figure except perhaps Max Steel that did mid-thigh swivels well.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎