Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)

Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK ‘Order Rack Toys 2.0 Here?https://amzn.to/3Bkm9z1 We got an exclusive first look at the bandless body coming soon from Mego Corp. A highly anticipated concept for Mego collectors. How does it compare to the classic look? Found out in our latest review. New to…

More...
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Well, KISS is going to need new bodies if they intend to win against the Phantom of the Park!
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 16, '21, 10:23 PM.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I generally like this, though I think the waist would look better with a more enclosed, larger ball-joint similar to vintage. There's a lot of gap there, and it will not look great with less-clothed characters.

The enhanced musculature is nice.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Nice!!!!!
        Which figures I plan on replacing with this body? All my New Mego ones. I hope they offer clear, Silver, and other colors.
        Another great presentation, Brain!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Thanks for this Brian. I enjoyed watching. Looking forward to seeing this body on future Mego figures.

Comment

• nubee
            Career Member
            • Feb 15, 2010

Many thanks for the video review. It needs a thigh cut otherwise the leg articulation is more limited than the original mego bodies . This body reminds me of the Famous Covers and DC Hasbro bodies: Not the worst nor the best. A bit outdated in my opinion. ( I guess the Marvel Legends figures spoiled me.) I will be sticking with the the Type-S as my body to go.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

I really like the new body! On first impression, I'd venture to say even I like it more than the Type Z. Bravo to Mego for making the move to bandless.

t looks like it is a hair smaller than the current body, which probably makes it closer in size to the (non-bandless) FTC body.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I generally like this, though I think the waist would look better with a more enclosed, larger ball-joint similar to vintage. There's a lot of gap there, and it will not look great with less-clothed characters.

The enhanced musculature is nice.
                That's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

Great video. Fun to watch, doesn't take the whole thing too seriously. The new body is a definite upgrade and I look forward to it. So many more poses are possible, and hopefully the durabilty will be better. i wish we could have some more neck articulation, but I don't hear anyone else screaming for it, so maybe it's just me. The female bodies are in dire need of an upgrade. I hope once the new male ones are underway, we get that, too.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Looks good. Different from the Type S and because of the neck construction, it's not screwed together like the Type S. The design is different than a standard classic Mego body too, most notable in the crotch piece design. It adds another body type to the mix, which is really nice to have.

I wanted to add, the FTC Werewolf head looks nice. Not my thing, but I would be interested in that final product. I am hoping we see something new from FTC soon. It's been a while since we've seen a new, packaged figure from them.
                    Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 17, '21, 9:32 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

That's very impressive. My one minor nitpick would also be the gap between the torso and pelvis, but maybe they determined that open area really gives some added range of motion. Very nice upgrade for Mego, and it honestly should help them appeal a bit more to folks outside of our circle who really dig hyper-articulated figures that can sell poses.

I liked the dig on ratcheted knees. Topical! ;-)

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Looks pretty good. Legs seem a tad long, but I think that is because of the way the torso is constructed.

I do wish the knees were like the elbows with the swivel hinge, but overall it's definitely a nice improvement.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

looks fantastic, except as most have said, that pelvis area, but maybe that will also be corrected on the final. How durable did it feel? easily breakable or pretty tough to survive kids playing with it?

is it just an optical illusion or does the new body seem just a tad shorter than the regular body?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Can’t wait to see this in person. Are there any waist issues like Mattel Retro Action?
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

Cool share! Interesting and curious… looking forward to a side x side comparison with a classic T2, contemporary Mego body, Type-S, and the new Bandless.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎