Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)

Megomuseum News Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)

Mego Bandless Body Review: (Mint Off Card)New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK ‘Order Rack Toys 2.0 Here?https://amzn.to/3Bkm9z1 We got an exclusive first look at the bandless body coming soon from Mego Corp. A highly anticipated concept for Mego collectors. How does it compare to the classic look? Found out in our latest review. New to…

More...

Well, KISS is going to need new bodies if they intend to win against the Phantom of the Park!
    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 16, '21 at 10:23 PM.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I generally like this, though I think the waist would look better with a more enclosed, larger ball-joint similar to vintage. There's a lot of gap there, and it will not look great with less-clothed characters.

The enhanced musculature is nice.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Nice!!!!!
    Which figures I plan on replacing with this body? All my New Mego ones. I hope they offer clear, Silver, and other colors.
    Another great presentation, Brain!

Thanks for this Brian. I enjoyed watching. Looking forward to seeing this body on future Mego figures.

Images
    Many thanks for the video review. It needs a thigh cut otherwise the leg articulation is more limited than the original mego bodies . This body reminds me of the Famous Covers and DC Hasbro bodies: Not the worst nor the best. A bit outdated in my opinion. ( I guess the Marvel Legends figures spoiled me.) I will be sticking with the the Type-S as my body to go.

Images
    I really like the new body! On first impression, I'd venture to say even I like it more than the Type Z. Bravo to Mego for making the move to bandless.

t looks like it is a hair smaller than the current body, which probably makes it closer in size to the (non-bandless) FTC body.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I generally like this, though I think the waist would look better with a more enclosed, larger ball-joint similar to vintage. There's a lot of gap there, and it will not look great with less-clothed characters.

The enhanced musculature is nice.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Images
    Great video. Fun to watch, doesn't take the whole thing too seriously. The new body is a definite upgrade and I look forward to it. So many more poses are possible, and hopefully the durabilty will be better. i wish we could have some more neck articulation, but I don't hear anyone else screaming for it, so maybe it's just me. The female bodies are in dire need of an upgrade. I hope once the new male ones are underway, we get that, too.

Looks good. Different from the Type S and because of the neck construction, it's not screwed together like the Type S. The design is different than a standard classic Mego body too, most notable in the crotch piece design. It adds another body type to the mix, which is really nice to have.

I wanted to add, the FTC Werewolf head looks nice. Not my thing, but I would be interested in that final product. I am hoping we see something new from FTC soon. It's been a while since we've seen a new, packaged figure from them.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 17, '21 at 9:32 AM.