X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thoriron
    Career Member
    • Apr 22, 2004

Vintage italian video Baravelli Mego

Great vintage video with action Jackson and superheroes....
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I get an error and it won't play the video.

Comment

• Fener
      • Sep 3, 2014

Great video, thanks !!
      WANTED (original not repro): Riddler belt, western guns (3). Matt Mason astronaut helmets (2).

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Nice find!… would be awesome to have a translation of the Mego section.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

LOVE stuff like this. Incredible find!

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 26, 2008

I will translate it for you asap, ok?

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 26, 2008

HERE I AM!!!

i HOPE YOU APPRECIATE MY EFFORT

ITALIAN:
              MILANO , 12° Salone internazionale del giocattolo 24-31 gennaio 1974
              Annuale appuntamento Milanese con migliaia di sogni.
              Ammiratissimo lo stand della Baravelli dove il ministro per il commercio con l’estero onorevole Matteotti si è vivamente compiaciuto con gli esponenti dell’azienda bolognese per il fervore delle idee.
              Nuovi personaggi come Joe e l’amico Jackson dalle mille avventure si propongono come fedeli, pazienti e, perché no, indistruttibili compagni dei nostri ragazzi.
              Sono utili come stimolo alla fantasia e ci aiutano a comprendere le loro propensioni.
              Al loro fianco addirittura i supereroi come Batman e Superman.
              Nella gamma di proposte della Baravelli c’è veramente di tutto per soddisfare tutti i gusti ma anche per allineare le nostre scelte con i concetti espressi da educatori e sociologi: Il giocattolo deve accompagnare i primi sforzi creativi dei più piccoli e sostenere la loro personalità così come si viene delineando.
              Sono nati così gli “Educattoli” che utilmente si inseriscono nel meraviglioso mondo interiore del bambino.

ENGLISH:
              MILAN, 12th International Toy Fair 24-31 January 1974
              Annual Milanese appointment with thousands of dreams.
              The Baravelli stand was very much admired. The Minister for Foreign Trade, Honorable Matteotti, warmly welcomed the representatives of the Bolognese company for the fervor of ideas.
              New characters like Joe and his friend Jackson and their thousand adventures present themselves as faithful, patient and, why not, indestructible companions of our kids.
              They are useful as a stimulus to the imagination and help us understand their propensities.
              At their side… the superheroes like Batman and Superman.
              In the range of Baravelli proposals there is really everything to satisfy all tastes but also to align our choices with the concepts expressed by educators and sociologists: The toy must accompany the first creative efforts of kids and thus support their personality as they grow.
              Thus were born the "Educattoli" who usefully fit into the wonderful inner world of the child.

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 26, 2008

I also found ANOTHER interesting video about 1975 Toy Fair and Baravelli!!!

ITALIAN:
                MILANO , 13° Salone internazionale del giocattolo 23-30 gennaio 1975
                La novità assoluta molto gradita dai visitatori giovanissimi è stata presentata al salone internazionale del giocattolo. Alcuni personaggi già resi popolari dai fumetti hanno abbandonato la cosiddetta striscia e sono diventati eroi a tre dimensioni. Hanno nomi già familiari ai nostri ragazzi. Si chiamano Tex Willer, Kit Carlson, Kit Willer, Tiger l’indiano.
                Tutti insieme, pur essendo degli eroi per definizione, si adattano volentieri alle situazioni che la fantasia dei ragazzi saprà creare per loro. Snodabili, docili, facilmente manovrabili, disposti a cambiare costume, pronti ad ogni evenienza, essi formano una piccola comunità in grado di stimolare la fervida inventiva infantile.
                A differenza degli altri giocattoli, infatti, questi personaggi rappresentano un allettante invito ad esercitare la fantasia creativa di chi li manovra.

ENGLISH:
                MILAN, 13th International Toy Fair January 23-30, 1975
                The absolute novelty much appreciated by very young visitors was presented at the international toy fair. Some characters already popularized by comics have abandoned the so-called “strip” and have become three-dimensional heroes. They have names that are already familiar to our kids. They are called Tex Willer, Kit Carlson, Kit Willer, Tiger the Indian.
                All together, despite being heroes by definition, they willingly adapt to the situations that the children's imagination will be able to create for them. Flexible, docile, easily manoeuvrable, willing to change costume, ready for any eventuality, they form a small community capable of stimulating fervent childish inventiveness.
                Unlike other toys, in fact, these characters represent a tempting invitation to exercise the creative imagination of those who handle them.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Spectacular! Thank you!

…and what thoughtful, surprising content too! Contemporary toy companies (and society-at-large) could benefit from absorbing such wisdom.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Thankyou so much for sharing this!
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• XXXPHOENIX
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 26, 2008

Originally posted by Confessional
                      ^^ Spectacular! Thank you!

…and what thoughtful, surprising content too! Contemporary toy companies (and society-at-large) could benefit from absorbing such wisdom.
                      Very poetic words indeed

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎