X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Batman 66 MIA Characters

I can't think of any other 8 inch line with as many characters as the FTC Batman 66 line. Maybe the Space 1999 line...maybe. But we didn't get three vehicles and two play environments for that line.
    What characters are missing that you would have wanted?
    Obviously the Commissioner missing hurts almost as much as Koenig missing hurt the 99 line. It just seems odd they could do O'Hara but not Gordon.
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Does anyone miss Aunt Harriet?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Neil Hamilton's and Madge Blake's estates didn't sign on to the licensing agreement, unlike the other regulars. Some artists in the Batman '66 comic cheated and drew Hamilton anyway (like Mike Allred), but for the most part, both he and Aunt Harriet were drawn closer to their comic versions, like in the two Batman '66 animated features. If they released a Gordon or Aunt Harriet figure, they unfortunately couldn't use their likeness.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• zeedox
        Career Member
        • Aug 10, 2007

How about Batman and Robin lol
        Well I am not a fan of the half arm glove thing. :-(

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Gordon and False Face are pretty easy customs. I've also planned Puzzler, Astin Riddler, Ma Parker, Sandman, Freddy the Fence, Marsha, and Dr. Cassandra Spellcraft.

If I had a talented tailor available, I'd try to do Olga, Louie the Lilac, and the Siren as well.

Finding a head for Clock King is challenging. One variant that FTC really dropped the ball on is Jockey Penguin.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
            Well I am not a fan of the half arm glove thing. :-(
            Neither am I!! Cheap shortcut.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

Half arm glove vs oven mitts. There is no winner

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

With all the forms I keep sending them when I placed an order for Batman 66 henchman I was happy when they offered them. I surprised that with the actors they couldn't get the gits to they didn't go for the comic book versions. They were close enough to the live action that you could tell the difference.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Gordon and False Face are pretty easy customs. I've also planned Puzzler, Astin Riddler, Ma Parker, Sandman, Freddy the Fence, Marsha, and Dr. Cassandra Spellcraft.

If I had a talented tailor available, I'd try to do Olga, Louie the Lilac, and the Siren as well.

Finding a head for Clock King is challenging. One variant that FTC really dropped the ball on is Jockey Penguin.
                  You could also add Aunt Helga to the list, to hang out with Marsha Queen of Diamonds.
                  Another arch criminal could be the Minstrel, although he would be a tough outfit.
                  Last edited by TrekStar; Sep 17, '21, 7:44 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes--Minstrel, Louie, and Olga are challenging costumes.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 29, 2018

Aunt Helga ...Wicked Witch outfit plus Grandma Walton?

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 3, 2010

I absolutely love the Batman 66 figures. Arguably the best of all FTC with the Super Friends a close second.
                        I wish for more characters from the show too
                        mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Count_Popula
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 28, 2018

My main wants would be: False Face, Astin Riddler, Sandman. Dang, if Sandman were made, customizers could give us Klaatu outfits for him!

Just this week, I found & ordered 2 of my holy grail figures from this line. Opera Joker and Riddler in hat & suit!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

it'd be cool if they would extend the line to include the Legends of the Superheroes tv special.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

i would go for Astin Riddler,The Archer, False Face, The Siren, Louie the Lilac. Iwould hope for too the supeheroes special plus jackson boswick and joanna cameron if we are wish listing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎