X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Bride of Frankenstein

There's a Halloween Challenge in our FB Customego group and I submitted this.

I got a little "me time" this weekend. I came across the bride head while looking for something else, and my first plan was to just grab an extra 2021 bride and swap heads. The more I looked at it, the easier it seemed to just make another one. So I grabbed a crappy BBP body, swapped to old CTVT upper arms and Mattel lower arms/hands, wrapped, whitewashed, and sewed a quick dress. I gave her shoes so that she would not suffer the same inability to stand as her factory made sister.

Bride1.jpg
    Bride2.jpg
    Bride3.jpg
    Bride4.jpg
    Bride5.jpg
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Sep 15, '21, 10:22 AM.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Looks great.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Very cool!

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Nice work putting it together and I love the Frankenstein and Wolfman figures too.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Turned out nice...

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

I dig!… upgraded my EMCE release a while back, so much better/enjoyable. Monster on!

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Very cool. The difference between your version and the factory figure is staggering.

The arm lengths look a little wonky, especially "naked", but that actually kind of works for a monster figure.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

She looks awesome! And so does the trio shot. What is the source of the head?

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

I like your outfit better. The other one looks like a long bib, or that sheet the barber covers you with before cutting your hair.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
                    She looks awesome! And so does the trio shot. What is the source of the head?
                    I think all three are Sideshow 7", just before the turn of the century:-)

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                      I think all three are Sideshow 7", just before the turn of the century:-)
                      I recall that line. Pretty sure I have a Creature somewhere that was supposed to become a custom, but then became moot after the Diamond release. They look great. I am a bit surprised at how well the portraits fit, scale-wise. It is also pretty amusing that your Frankenstein monsters are made up from pieces of different bodies. Very fitting.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎