X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Kitbashed Batgirl

I really wanted a great Batgirl to display with my Batman and who knows when Mego will be able to push out one in their 8” scale so I decided to customize my own.

I liked the FTC head a lot just hated her body and the weird forearm design they did for some of their females.

I used a Mattel body with some Plumber’s tape and some modding to the neck as the neck was too long at first. I also switched out her grey costume for the black one and added yellow gloves.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.24.17 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Jrfjr126rock; Sep 12, '21, 11:24 AM.
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I really like the Mattel female bodies. The look better than that "O" ring in the old Mego bodies and ther feet fit in with the shoes/boots better that the Yolanda figures.

After saying this, I really like how your Batgirl turned out. She really does look better than what is out there.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• battmasterson
      Career Member
      • Dec 22, 2010

Very nice! I really like the costume. The head goes good with the style of the MEGO Batman. Great Job!

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by battmasterson
        Very nice! I really like the costume. The head goes good with the style of the MEGO Batman. Great Job!
        Yeah I think FTC nailed the head out of the park. I think its better than the 14" Mego one too.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Great job, I also prefer the black costume to the grey, yellow gloves on the black outfit really pop out.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
            Great job, I also prefer the black costume to the grey, yellow gloves on the black outfit really pop out.
            Also because of those weird sculpted forearms the grey outfit didn't have long sleeves enough for the gloves to cover.

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

Good looking kitbash.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

She looks good! What costume did you use; the repro costume, or your own?

I have Batgirl on my list of figures to mod & improve. I want to use the female hero plug-in gloves. I wanted to use new boots too, but your re-use of the boots look good, so I might just do that.

Nice job!

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  She looks good! What costume did you use; the repro costume, or your own?

I have Batgirl on my list of figures to mod & improve. I want to use the female hero plug-in gloves. I wanted to use new boots too, but your re-use of the boots look good, so I might just do that.

Nice job!
                  I got the female plug gloves but it didn't come with pegs so I don't know what you can use to plug them in. I used the black separate Batgirl costume from CTVT.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks! Yeah, I asked FTC why my female plug-in gloves were missing the pegs. My response was that they do not come with them... ?!? But I have a few female dolls with peg hands when they were giving them away as free gifts with certain order amounts, so I should be good with those.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                      • Mar 15, 2008

Check your local hobby store for wood or plastic dowels - they make rods small enough that with some trimming you can make your own pegs.
                      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

Nice! I Like It!
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎