Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

my neph who worked in downtown Manhattan at the time …….. was safety fairied (spell check doesn't give me the proper spelling)

to Staten Island

Them Staten Island individually owned fairies never get as much credit as they deserve

They saved soooo many people

Staten Island, I love you

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I actually flew from Boston to Las Vegas 3 weeks after it happened, I was nervous as hell being on an airplane and kept my eye on anyone who looked suspicious, paranoia for sure but I just couldn’t help it.

When I was walking through the Vegas airport, there were military personnel with m-16 rifles standing around and at check points, I felt like I was in some third world country, tense moments for sure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I was in my work van getting irrigation parts for a repair and had Stern on the radio so I got a first hand experience from them about what was happening in nyc
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Similar to me. I turned on Stern because I had heard that Hank the Angry Dwarf had passed so I wanted to hear if they talked about it. I thought I was listening to a rebroadcast of the first WTC bombing at first because I turned it on shortly after the first plane had hit. I only realized what was going on when the second plane hit.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I was a freshman in high school at the time, and I found out about it like everyone else did. Classrooms didn't have tvs in every room . I remember the bus ride home had alot of kids anxious and overwhelmed. But we had school the next day and life moved on.

Comment

• ToyTalk
              Career Member
              • Mar 25, 2020

I was still Active Duty Air Force and stationed in San Antonio at Lackland AFB. Not a subject I like to remiss on. Suffice to say I will never forget it.
              Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I will say this a force of darkness entered the consciousness of our world that day and everything that came as a result was pure negativity. In that regard its alot like what is going on with the Corona virus.

Comment

• MegoMonk
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 22, 2007

i was working on the 19th floor of 100 Wall Street, corner of Water Street. My cubicle was right outside my boss' office, and his window looked over the East River towards the Brooklyn Bridge. I noticed a bunch of paper flying around. We could not figure out why. Then some of our co-workers who sat near windows on the north side of our building started yelling a plane hit one of the towers. We figured it was an accident, but turned into news radio stations to learn more. Then someone yelled the other tower was hit. Some of us went down to the street and there were many dust covered people walking from the west side of manhatten. At that point the subways were closed. I tried to walk to the Brooklyn bridge to walk across the bridge back to Brooklyn. As I crossed Water Street and Fulton, the 1st tower fell. I walked back to my building instead of trying to get to the bridge. We waited in the building for a while. Then someone said that water taxis were taking people across the East River to Brooklyn. I got on the first Water taxi I could. As we crossed the East River I looked back at Manhatten. It was very surreal to be in NYC that day. RIP to all the people who did not make it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎