Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

New Matrix trailer

• Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

I can't believe I've never seen one of these movies in my life.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
      I can't believe I've never seen one of these movies in my life.
      The first one was really great.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

the sequels got a little weird. this looks good. i'm officially intrigued by the trailer

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

First movie was like --- meh

It's like special effects guys (behind the scenes) were in charge of everything --promoting their computer work

Ok, you can make a 3-D man do weird computer slow-motion - freeze stuff.

Now, make me a movie I like

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

The new on looks good, there is always a way to change what happened in the previous movie.

I think it will have a twist ending, maybe not.

It seems pretty awesome, though, the way they made it.

I loved the first one.

On the bonus features, they showed how they were partially influenced by the way comic books tell and show a story.

So, it seems like they were ahead of the game leading up to the actual modern comic book movies.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I had zero expectations for this movie, after the The Matrix: Revolutions left me flat. However, this trailer looks pretty DAMN GOOD! They have my hopes up!
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

so what did everyone think? i finally watched it last night and thought it was rather boring. didn't really fit in that well, IMHO. the original 3 movies were all kind of dull shades of black, white and gray, this one they tried adding color with various characters clothes or hair but it did not really fit the aesthetic of the first 3. NPH as the villain was laughable but not all that convincing, LOL

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

I dug it, and find it definitely worthy of another watch after further contemplation/reading.

I think the color shift was a thematic choice related to influence of the exiled program Sati.

Regardless, even what anyone might consider weak or off in the series, any Matrix film thus far remains better than 90% of the garbage that makes it to the big screens in America.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I liked it ok. I thought the self-referential pieces were clever. Some of the philosophy and world-building stuff was interesting. I actually liked NPH as the villain.

The only part that I didn't like was the action. And given that this is a Matrix movie and Keanu Reeves can clearly still do it (as seen in John Wick), the fact that it was so bland is really a head scratcher.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

I enjoyed it. I thought it was better than the last two movies in the original trilogy. NPH was fine as the main villain. It was slow moving at times, but the pacing wasn't terrible. probably not something I would watch again, and I barely watch modern movies over again unless I am broad and catch it on some channel, but it was a worthy Saturday night popcorn muncher on the couch.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎