X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1978 Remco Toys Catalog- Energized Spider-Man – Utility Belts –

1978 Remco Toys Catalog In 1978, Remco, a division of Azrak Hamway International, figured out a way to get in on the Superhero action figure business long-held onto by their rivals at Mego. That would prove to be the centerpiece of the 1978 Remco Toys Catalog. Energized Spiderman was more statue than action figure […]
    The post 1978 Remco Toys Catalog- Energized Spider-Man – Utility Belts – appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

LOVED my Energized Spider-Man. I got him for Christmas or birthday that year (they are just days apart). I got Superman, Batman and Hulk Energized figures next year. I never had the Goblin as a kid, but I have him now. The lack of mobility didn't really bother me as a really young kid for some reason.

I've said it before, but as much as a Batman mark I am, Batman's Utility Belt was too off model for me. Batman's not a redneck who needs his name on his belt buckle. Spider-Man's version was close enough to his comic spider-face symbol that I went with that one. My wife covets the Wonder Woman set. it's probably the nicest and most authentic of the Super Hero sets.

Who came up with Mickey on roids? Was that a Disney merchandising campaign, or something Remco just made up? That's REALLY odd.

Jeannie's got pink hair in the outfit art. That's closer to her red hair on the Hanna-Barbara cartoon. I wonder if that was an influence?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

"flick his ear, releasing a surge of Mouse Power"

Remember when we all thought the next clean energy was going to be Mouse Power.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎