Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Star Trek Bridge Playset (Vintage Mego)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

OOf, yeah that would be "Snake Mountain" expensive sadly.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I agree a Gamma VI playset would be very cool with a figure of Akuta as an added addition. But most likely it would be an expensive playset for sure, $75-100 dilithium crystals and who would carry it? the boxes would take up a lot of space on the shelves.

But if we’re talking playsets/vehicles, I wouldn’t mind seeing a space shuttle that could maybe hold 3-6 figures.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

For some of the bigger, more expensive items, Mego could alway go the HasLab route. Basically Hasbro came up with a sure fire way to produce a limited run of high-priced items with a guaranteed return. They calculate the cost of how much it would cost them to tool an item, manufacture it, and get it to customers, and then essentially crowdfund it by telling the customers how much money/backers they need to make it a reality. They’ve been able to put together some really big items like Jabba’s Sail Barge, the Razor Crest, Unicron, etc…

I’d like to see Mego go that route and start offering some of the bigger playsets from back in the day, like the Wayne Foundation, the POTA Treehouse, and the Forbidden Zone, as well as new ones like the Enterprise D Bridge, a TNG transporter, and so on.
        Last edited by Liu Bei; Sep 10, '21, 9:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎