Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Star Trek Bridge Playset (Vintage Mego)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego Star Trek Bridge Playset (Vintage Mego)

New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK MegoMuseum talks about one of Mego’s most successful if not, the most successful playset ever produced the Mego Star Trek USS Enterprise Action Playset. This wonderful cardboard and vinyl set is probably also one of Mego’s most famous creations and sold almost half a million units. Our magazine Toy-Ventures…

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm all for another release but in colors closer to the show with show-specific viewscreen cards.

That said, this great playset has been reissued twice (and clearanced by Think Geek). Considering that and the fact that Doc consistently pooh-poohs playsets, I'd be pleasantly surprised to see another.

But, I love playsets and perhaps this is something for Topps to tackle. I'm always fantasizing about custom variations of the Bridge and Batcave format.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

A series accurate photo style bridge using the same format would be awesome. Similar in style to the FTC 66 Batcave

Comment

• MEGO Kid
        Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 5, 2018

Even as a nine year old getting this for Christmas in 1974 I thought, "Why did they use those goofy colors?". Of course, I used to take model paint and paint the phasers and communicators. And I would cut the communicator holder off and glue it around back where it belongs (HINT MEGO). All that because that's just the way I rolled. So yes, it would be great to have a reissue with accurate colors.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I'm all for another release but in colors closer to the show with show-specific viewscreen cards.

That said, this great playset has been reissued twice (and clearanced by Think Geek). Considering that and the fact that Doc consistently pooh-poohs playsets, I'd be pleasantly surprised to see another.

But, I love playsets and perhaps this is something for Topps to tackle. I'm always fantasizing about custom variations of the Bridge and Batcave format.
          reissued twice? i remember the Diamond reissue, but what was the other reissue?

I loved this set as a kid, must have gone through at least half a dozen of them. it's the one Mego playset i still keep displayed now

Comment

• newlyknighted
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 21, 2010

I love this video that features my favorite Mego playset. I had endless hours of joy playing with this playset and the transporter. I remember taking it with me when I left home at the ages of 7,8, and 9 years of age. The Enterprise and Starfleet were very much into exploring other cities, towns, and relatives, and friends homes. Batman, Superman, Robin, and Aquaman would visit the bridge as well to see the Klingon and try the transporter.

Thanks for posing the question once again Brian. I would love to purchase a show accurate Enterprise playset just like the Dida display. I would also purchase a TOS movie playset or a STTNG bridge. I would also love a shuttlecraft Galileo.

I know it is a longshot, but I would love to purchase the sequel toy bridge that never saw toy shelves, as seen in your video. The sickbay in that playset is in dire need of a Nurse Chapel.

At the very least, we should get Yeoman Rand, Chapel with Plomeek soup, Charlie X, Female Romulan, Female Klingon, a better Captain Pike, Orion slave girl, a new Talosian, a smiling Finnegan, Ruk, Andrea, Harry Mudd, and Mudd's wife Stella.

I need to army build Stella. At least 500 of them.
            I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The bridge was reissued ten+ years ago by Diamond and five years ago by Think Geek online.

During that second run, they were clearanced for $20.00, it was discussed here.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I remember having many hours of fun with the Enterprise Bridge Playset, I usually had them interact with my POTA figures, of course making friends with Cornelius and Spock almost being dissected by Dr. Zaius.

I too would love to see a more tv show accurate bridge, but I won’t be holding my breath, I’m hoping for more Trek aliens not yet made.

Comment

• apes3978
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 19, 2005

How would people feel if the new Mego reissued the Gamma VI playset?

I'd guess that'd be more popular then a reissue of the old bridge playset, unless the bridge playset was drastically changed to be more screen accurat?

Comment

• newlyknighted
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 21, 2010

I would most certainly buy a Mego reissued Gamma VI playset. To go one step further, if they wanted to make correct 8 inch scale male and female aliens from "The Apple" episode, exclusive to this set, I would be very happy with that.
                    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I missed out on Mego Trek as a kid, except for Mr. Spock. I didn't get into Trek until the waning days of Mego, so by the time I wanted Star Trek toys, they were long gone. I would love to have an Enterprise bridge set. It looks so fun. I would be down for a reissue, or a more show accurate version as well. Maybe the unreleased deluxe set with sick bay? That would be awesome.

Great video! I loved seeing the evolution of the playset from concept to finish.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        The bridge was reissued ten+ years ago by Diamond and five years ago by Think Geek online.
                        I only knew of the Diamond reissue. Some how I totally spaced out the Think Geek one.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                          I only knew of the Diamond reissue. Some how I totally spaced out the Think Geek one.
                          Me too, I'm not sure I was ever aware.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

I would really love a reissue of the Mission to Gamma VI playset as well. It is something I would really like to add to my collection, and I don't mind if it's a repro. I like the idea of adding a couple of full-scale alien figures based on the aliens in The Apple. If they were to do this, perhaps they could use David Soul's likeness and also give us a new Hutch figure.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

The tooling cost and size of Gamma would be prohibitive.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎