Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Intro and theme song.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Netflix He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Intro and theme song.

The villains are at least recognizable. Too bad the heroes aren't. Not crazy about them all being tweens. On the upside it doesn't look as bad as the She-Ra reboot.

Short clip followed by intro. Skip to 1:37 for intro and look at the villains.

Hopefully kids will like it and as long as Mattel keeps making Origins I'll be happy.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

I guess what I don't understand is, MOTU is a timeless fantasy to begin with, mixing the genres of magic, sword and sorcery, technology and sci-fi, with some superhero thrown in for good measure.
    So, it really doesn't NEED updating to "improve" it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^ Exactly. The melange seems totally off in this version. Personally, I don't like MOTU with too much sci-fi.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I agree MOTU didn't need updating. This new video game inspired version will get dated pretty fast. I don't think it looks good just not as horrifically bad as Thundercats Roar or the She-Ra reboot.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

it will probably appeal to young kids, which is what they are going for. If it brings in new generations of fans, i guess that is good thing right? i personally don't like the look so i won't even bother, but if people like it, good for them

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It might be like the '90s Flash Gordon cartoon, barely given a second thought by fans.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              It might be like the '90s Flash Gordon cartoon, barely given a second thought by fans.
              i don't even remember there being one. wasn't there a live action one too on SciFi? very forgettable

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                Career Member
                • Jan 19, 2019

Guys... sigh*...I kinda dig it...

It looks really fun. That song is blah though, but everyone's just gonna skip the intro anyway.
                Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎