Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

season 3 had already started filming before the strike, so it probably won't be that long before it drops. but who knows. as far as the finale, i have resigned myself that to the fact that the show is not really following the books, and am just trying to enjoy it as a big budget fantasy series

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      season 3 had already started filming before the strike, so it probably won't be that long before it drops. but who knows. as far as the finale, i have resigned myself that to the fact that the show is not really following the books, and am just trying to enjoy it as a big budget fantasy series
      Which is what I've been attempting to do, but it's just so illogical and nonsensical, not to mention sloppy, weak and meandering. They should have placed this large & complex property into the hands of experienced creators instead of the amateurs it ended up with. I'm pretty sure I'm done with it, may check in next season, but probably not.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

agreed. i didn't say it was easy to enjoy as a fantasy series but i am willing to give it a watch as is in the hopes it gets better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i saw they are making a cartoon set in the WOT universe too. young adult oriented around young girls learning at the white tower

Comment

• Dark Shadow
            Creature Of The Night
            • May 14, 2011

^Looks like it's supposed to be a prequel of sorts. At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, personally, I'm not interested in tuning into yet another fan fiction story "inspired" by Jordan's universe. In my opinion, if you're going to use somebody else's work to profit from, then honor that work and stay as true to it as possible. If you can't honor it, then just move on. And for the love of all that is creative, if you think that you're so much smarter than the creator was, then prove it. Create your own story, in your own universe, with your own characters, take the risk, and let the pieces fall where they may.
            Last edited by Dark Shadow; Oct 21, '23, 9:39 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

i don't have issue with them creating something within universe, but i don't think creating something for young adults is really the way to go. i very much doubt teenagers care much about this series, books or otherwise

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎