• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

The Wheel of Time Trailer

https://www.superherohype.com/tv/504...l-release-date

I read this series as it came out from around '90 or '91 until it finally finished and i loved it. i had some doubts about them making this series but the trailer looks really good. Amazon looks to have really invested some serious coin in this show. Looking forward to November.
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Thank you for posting this! LOVED the books, and have been waiting for this trailer for a LONG time. Heard it was dropping in September, but thought it would be later. It looks fantastic!

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

I've been considering reading these, are they really good?
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

yes, they are really awesome. it is a very long series though. 15 books and they are large books. Jordan really created an incredibly complex world and interweaves multiple storylines for the characters.

Comment

• drquest
          ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
          • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          yes, they are really awesome. it is a very long series though. 15 books and they are large books. Jordan really created an incredibly complex world and interweaves multiple storylines for the characters.
          Well that sounds good to me. I have a 3 hour drive everyday and need audiobook depth to keep me occupied!
          Danny(Drquest)
          Captain Action HQ
          Retro shirts and stuff
          More retro shirts
          Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

I started reading these in the early 90s and was keeping up through book 6 or 7 as they came out, rereading much of the series before the next release, so I ahve read the early books multiple times. But the books just kept getting bigger and my available time kept getting smaller, so I decided, I'll wait to read the rest once the series is done. It's been done several years now, and I haven't read those later books yet. I did start a reread at book 1 last year, and I am somewhere in Book 6 now, but have stalled for much of this year, having only finished one this calendar year. However, seeing the trailer has given me the desire to pick these up again. I am safely well ahead of what the first season will cover, but with these sorts f things I prefer to read before watching.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by drquest
              Well that sounds good to me. I have a 3 hour drive everyday and need audiobook depth to keep me occupied!
              According to Jordan's Wikipedia page under the heading of "The Wheel of Time", the total runtime of the audio books is 19 days 5 hours 25 minutes. That might keep you entertained during your daily drive for half a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jordan

Comment

• drquest
                ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Makernaut
                According to Jordan's Wikipedia page under the heading of "The Wheel of Time", the total runtime of the audio books is 19 days 5 hours 25 minutes. That might keep you entertained during your daily drive for half a year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jordan
                That's what I'm talking about!
                Danny(Drquest)
                Captain Action HQ
                Retro shirts and stuff
                More retro shirts
                Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

I started reading the series in 2005 (September, I think) at the urging of someone I was dating at the time. I tore through the first book, and by May of 2006 I had started on Winter's Heart, the 9th book of the series. A few days later, I had to put that book aside in order to prepare for a relocation, and I didn't get a chance to return to it until late Summer of 2007. Then, after hearing the news of Jordan's passing, I just stopped reading and moved on to other books.

About two years later, after hearing that Sanderson had completed the 12th installment, I decided that I would return to the series as soon as there was a definitive release date for the final book. When I caught wind of that date, I started all over from the beginning and read it straight through in about a year's time, about a book per month.

Fair warning, there are some parts that many fans consider to be a bit slow and challenging to push through. I only found the second half of Winter's Heart to be a bit slow, but found the rest of the series quite entertaining. If I got to the point where I felt it was a struggle, I would just set it aside a day or two and get back to it with fresh eyes.

I can't recommend this rich & complex series enough.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, some of the multiple connected storylines start to bog down in the middle of the series but it is all so incredibly complex and they do start to reconnect the storylines as the overall plot comes together. reading them consecutively is the best way to do it. i read them as they came out over 25-30 years so sometimes it was hard to remember plot details. i did start rereading the series a couple years ago but only got to book 5 before getting distracted by something else

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

Another trailer:

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

I'm nearly done with book 2 now, so I'm looking forward to the series. My minor concern is the show runners have indicated this might includes plot lines from books 1-3 from what I read, which may screw up my audiobooks
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

I've heard that they are developing some characters earlier on in the series (Logain for one) and plot points (intro of the White Tower) as well as delaying the intro of others (such as the Camelyn royals) for the second season. I don't think there will be any major spoilers of The Dragon Reborn in the first season, but you may want to hold off on watching until you finish book three just to be sure. The first three episodes drop on Nov 19, then one per week after that, up through Christmas Eve.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

really looking forward to this. even my wife was interested when she saw the first trailer. if they follow the books, there is plenty to like for everyone.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                              Creature Of The Night
                              • May 14, 2011

Two more days! Really looking forward to this. Just finished (another) reread of Eye of The World.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎