• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Topps shipping price

From facebook:

"For everyone complaining about the Topps shipping prices. I just went to the post office and it cost $13.40 to ship two mego figures. That's more expensive than Topps is charging. That is ground, which was the cheapest price to ship the two figures. Priority shipping was almost $16, so Topps shipping price is a bargain, as far as I'm concerned. Sure, their international shipping is quite high, but domestic is quite reasonable. So can you all stop with the constant whining about how you think they are ripping you off with the shipping price, please. They aren't."
  • SpideyDude73
    • Jul 5, 2019

I just got the two POTA figs and I agree, the shipping is not outrageous. It would be nice to see them have some kind of contract with a carrier to be able to offer an economy option but, unfortunately, shipping cost all around have increased.

Comment

• LardLad
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 13, 2012

The cheapest shipping option for two figures to Canada was $67. I have purchased many Mego figures from the US, and the most expensive shipping was less than a third of that.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Shipping is expensive. That said, you are dealing with economies of scale.

It obviously would cost me more to ship something than it would Topps, which is a $1 BILLION operation.

People are used to paying less for shipping from big companies because big companies can afford to reduce shipping and almost always have huge discounts with postal carriers.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
          • Jun 1, 2012

Originally posted by ODBJBG
          Shipping is expensive. That said, you are dealing with economies of scale.

It obviously would cost me more to ship something than it would Topps, which is a $1 BILLION operation.

People are used to paying less for shipping from big companies because big companies can afford to reduce shipping and almost always have huge discounts with postal carriers.
          Yup, most billion dollar organizations have Purchasing people whose responsibilities would be to contract out shipping with expected cost savings. They should be on a completely different level than Joe average shipping one figure out once in a blue moon.

Comment

• Retro76
            • Aug 4, 2012

I agree. I believe large companies negotiate discounted shipping rates with carriers such as UPS and FedEx. Walmart, Target, and Amazon typically offer free shipping for orders of $35 and over. Entertainment Earth has free shipping for orders above $49, Hasbro Pulse is free over $50, and then there's low flat rates such as BBTS which is $4. In addition a lot of these stores offer different options to choose carriers and/or shipping speed. I think in some cases there is a 'handling fee' in addition to the shipping fee to cover shipping materials and/or the labor involved for the fulfillment of the item that could increase cost but I have never seen that itemized with most of these stores. I do not know if this is the case with Topps but their shipping fees plus the weekly figure release frequency, 7 day limit to order, and the inability to combine orders across multiple weeks is currently holding me back from purchasing them.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
              Career Member
              • Jul 23, 2019

The shipping charge to Canada is so far out of whack, us Canadians might as well be living on an entirely different planet. I buy a lot of figures online from various sources because the retail market where I live isn't that great. Never have I ever paid such high shipping for something the size and weight of two Mego figures. It's preposterous.
              "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• LardLad
                Museum Patron
                • Mar 13, 2012

Just ordered four Mego figures from ZLC Collectibles - $24 shipping. Topps shipping starts at $67 and exceeds $80 for one option. Seems legit.
                Last edited by LardLad; Sep 3, '21, 4:07 PM.

Comment

• mego
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 16, 2012

I just mailed an envelope with 6 flat prints in it. The envelope was approx 9” x 12”…. It cost me $22
                  Climate, supply chain issues and manpower issues are going to ensure shipping prices stay high unfortunately.

Comment

• LardLad
                    Museum Patron
                    • Mar 13, 2012

Is Topps being subjected to a unique set of conditions that companies like ZLC Collectibles (and various others I've ordered Mego figures from) are not? If ZLC can ship me four figures for $24 I suspect Topps can do the same; in fact, given their size, they should be able to negotiate a better shipping cost from service providers than a smaller company could. Either they are being robbed by shipping service providers or they are choosing to rob us.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by LardLad
                      Is Topps being subjected to a unique set of conditions that companies like ZLC Collectibles (and various others I've ordered Mego figures from) are not? If ZLC can ship me four figures for $24 I suspect Topps can do the same; in fact, given their size, they should be able to negotiate a better shipping cost from service providers than a smaller company could. Either they are being robbed by shipping service providers or they are choosing to rob us.
                      I was curious, so I added four figures to my Topps cart and shipping to Western New York is $16 Economy and $24 Standard. $32 for Priority.

From reading messages here, are shipping costs different based on your location?
                      Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 6, '21, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                        • Jun 1, 2012

Originally posted by LardLad
                        I would say at this point, since they have not made any moves to rectify the shipping cost to Canada, they have chosen to rob us. If they had just "found out" that the shipping costs were out of whack, they could have quickly fixed the issue but bringing in a other shipping service/method.

Comment

• Retro76
                          • Aug 4, 2012

On the Mego Ambassadors page they indicated a meeting was held last week with Topps and that “changes” were forthcoming. So far the only change has been increasing the number of maximum order quantity from 2 to 5.
                          Last edited by Retro76; Sep 6, '21, 9:28 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I thought the quantity change was an option, not a minimum?

What's a reasonable time-frame for a company to revise it's shipping operations and update a website, I truly don't know?
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Retro76
                              • Aug 4, 2012

Sorry I meant to say maximum order quantity, just corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎