Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

i would say give it a little time to see if they fix the Canadian shipping. i know that sucks as you miss out on things in the meantime, but this weeks offering is less than a week after the meeting they had and they did at least fix one things that had been brought up.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne

What's a reasonable time-frame for a company to revise it's shipping operations and update a website, I truly don't know?
      A giant corporation doesn't move quickly, it seems like prior to this their business was mainly cards, those ship in little cardstock envelopes.

I'm sure their shipping is expensive on boxes of cards but the price on those averages over $100, so they probably don't get a lot of complaining.

They definitely need to rethink their model if they want Canadian orders.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Out of curiosity, I added a trading card to my shopping card.

To my US address: It was free for economy and ten dollars for priority.

To my Canadian Address: Cheapest price was 15 bucks. Eeep! The card costs $9.99
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Avenging Robot
          • Jun 1, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
          Out of curiosity, I added a trading card to my shopping card.

To my US address: It was free for economy and ten dollars for priority.

To my Canadian Address: Cheapest price was 15 bucks. Eeep! The card costs $9.99
          That's not good to hear - I'm sure the Canadian shipping charges has already been raised in the past from Canadian card collectors.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 23, 2019

The guy I talked to was saying that, if it ships from the Miami wearhouse, domestic is free. Maybe they can use that shipping model? And if they’re offering 5each, it might be nice if they could offer retroactively, when the figures start manufacture, I can be hopeful

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Tiberiusguy
              The guy I talked to was saying that, if it ships from the Miami wearhouse, domestic is free. Maybe they can use that shipping model? And if they’re offering 5each, it might be nice if they could offer retroactively, when the figures start manufacture, I can be hopeful
              From what I understand, they begin production when the initial offering is over and have a week to produce them before the next set starts manufacture. So, technically the first two weeks worth should already be made, with the third weeks figures being manufactured right now. Seems like they only get a week to make them and move on to something else. Then they need to be packaged and shipped to the US to be distributed. So most of out waiting time will be the figures on the water and at the port.
              Someone please correct me if my information is incorrect.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

If this is correct, and I know zip about the manufacturing process (but this seems odd, just one week to manufacture), that might explain why there are limits on how many you can order. If you have a week to manufacture, I imagine that there are only so many figures that can be produced. If a retailer like BBTS or EE decided to place an order for 500 of each figure (just to toss a random number out), that might cause issues within the manufacturing time frame.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  If this is correct, and I know zip about the manufacturing process (but this seems odd, just one week to manufacture), that might explain why there are limits on how many you can order. If you have a week to manufacture, I imagine that there are only so many figures that can be produced. If a retailer like BBTS or EE decided to place an order for 500 of each figure (just to toss a random number out), that might cause issues within the manufacturing time frame.
                  A retailer would want to place a wholesale order. Buying at cost, they would have to sell them for way more than what Topps is asking to make a profit.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    A retailer would want to place a wholesale order. Buying at cost, they would have to sell them for way more than what Topps is asking to make a profit.
                    Um, yeah, I knew that *hangs head in shame*

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎