Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, thanks to the Topps partnership, I'm officially out.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

That sounds like a good idea.

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
      I think it would be a good idea to make a few more extra than preordered and say after the holidays, they can come out with a second chance offer for those who missed the chance to get what they wanted first time around, just a thought.
      I am betting that will most certainly happen. Plus they will need a few extra for replacements and damaged product.

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by TrekStar
        I think it would be a good idea to make a few more extra than preordered and say after the holidays, they can come out with a second chance offer for those who missed the chance to get what they wanted first time around, just a thought.
        Yeah but that goes against the whole 'one shot only' marketing strategy they've come up with

I find it hard to believe if they have say 1571 pre-orders for Zira they only make 1571. That said I would think any warranty issues as drogge mentions would be handled with replacement parts thru Dr Mego, such as the pale McCoy thing or 14" Batman head

But I'm just speculating
        I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• The Batman Professor
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          I don't think you understand how the Topps deal works. They offer them, and when the offer is over, the figures get ordered to be produced. These things aren't sitting in a warehouse waiting to be distributed.
          I understand how this business model works very well, I’m just not a fan. This may as well be GOFUNDME or KICKSTARTER, neither of which I have ever patronized. If the unthinkable occurs, Topps/Mego has our money, and we never receive the product. If you say that couldn’t happen, I hope you’re right - meet me back here in February.
          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• The Batman Professor
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 15, 2010

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            The product isn’t produced until the preorders end. Producing a figure in 4-6 weeks is impossible.
            I was referring to old-school mailorder, not this new hotness.
            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Now that I have a house and other unexpected payments ($200 a month for new riding lawnmower) my extra spending money is not what it was at the beginning of the new Megos. Heck I even stopped ordered FTC Superheroes. I made my choice to do the Svengoolie playsets because it challenges my creative side, gives me a timetable to get this figures done, and it seems nobody else was doing them. So instead of posting yet another version of a comic book character that has been posted before I could post something different.

I dread if Topps decides to add monsters to there list. Its hard enough to track them down at affordable prices much less duplicates for future ideas (Mummies, Bela Lugosi, UM Wolfman).

At one point I was really thinking about collecting lines I missed out on as a kid (Star Trek & POTA) but it is harder to find them in the wild and then having to by multiples to fill in the armies. I decided to pass.

As for the New Mego DC Comics, I had thought about it but again its either those or my monsters. Now I will from time to time pick up a few of my favorites when they become available but I just cannot blanket order anymore.
              Last edited by monitor_ep; Sep 28, '21, 5:19 PM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Goblin19
                Talkative Member
                • May 2, 2002

You sound kind of like me. The glut (which is a good thing) of product has made me reassess what I am going to buy. The higher price on Topps stuff isn’t a deal breaker but does make me not get figures I would at a lower price (Green Arrow, for instance). I did get the first POTA figures and am on the fence for this week’s set. It’s no different than FTC for me. Their price point made me start to pick and choose what I actually buy, where if they were cheaper, I would buy most superheroes.

Those days are long gone for me, which isn’t a bad thing. I also just choose to try to do different things with my collecting and it has allowed me to hone my collection a bit and give me bit more focus.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

It also doesn't help that my collectable money was cut in half to include what my boyfriend wants to add to his wall of collectables (usually K-Boys merchandise)
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                    I believe this also, there are a lot of details that Mego, or any company really, cannot reveal about future plans. I think the people at Mego have a good idea of what we as consumers want and do listen to our feedback, but can't always spill the beans even if they have a plan to satisfy our concerns.
                    So then you're saying when the powers that be at Mego says that these figures won't be released again in the future they're lying or miss leading us? If they do at some point release them again they'll **** of anyone that paid more and bought them through Topps.

Comment

• Goblin19
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 2, 2002

I’m starting to base my purchases on this concept. If I really want it, I’ll get it from Topps. If I’m on the fence, I’ll pass and hope they release the character in a different outfit or some other tweaks. Willing to take the chance on certain figures.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                        Museum Patron
                        • Mar 6, 2014

Not to step on any toes, but if I'd missed Kor I'd buy an extra Kang and wait for a recaster...

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 15, 2010

Yay, another $54.00 cast into the wishing well. Counting the days until February…

Batman, Apes and Monsters cannot be denied.
                          Last edited by The Batman Professor; Oct 1, '21, 5:39 PM.
                          sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• VulcansFury
                            Museum Patron
                            • Mar 6, 2014

So, looks like NO overlapping today! Less than 30min to go on Brent & Mutant Leader and this weeks new figures arent up yet. Guess they didnt want people combining shipping this week

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, i guess the greed on the overpriced shipping is getting the better of them. that's really rotten

Comment

• Goblin19
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 2, 2002

Oh well, was waiting to see today’s to determine whether I would order the POTA guys. I had definitely decided to only get them if I liked this week’s offerings.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎