Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, thanks to the Topps partnership, I'm officially out.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Or if they rotate ones we may miss...
    I find it hard to believe that's the last we will see of Doctor Zira for example.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
      Or if they rotate ones we may miss...
      I find it hard to believe that's the last we will see of Doctor Zira for example.
      Supposedly, the Emce one didn't sell very well. We will probably get a Zira in spacesuit from a regular Mego wave.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I wouldn’t count on many of these being in later waves unless a specific character sells so well that it would be foolish not to re-release them.
        Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 2, '21, 7:08 PM.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MegoMam
          • Dec 21, 2015

Actually I'm half-way expecting the 55th Anv Spock is the same as Topps or a close variant

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by MegoMam
            Actually I'm half-way expecting the 55th Anv Spock is the same as Topps or a close variant
            But it's not the 55th anniversary of The Motion Picture. I doubt it's going to be a movie styled figure. It might him in the shirt that was exclusive to the Spock gift set.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 18, 2015

I simply cannot afford these figures, the shipping is so much. I can't believe they're really offering such major characters for only one week. They've succumbed to the "Disney Vault" mentality.
              The hands that grip.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

shipping is too much to TX? for 2 figures should be $12.00. while i agree that is higher than what some places charge, it's hardly exorbitant. now the charges to Canada? that's another whole issue. they are at least now allowing up to 5 of each, should you want. which would be good for army building and customizing

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                  I simply cannot afford these figures, the shipping is so much. I can't believe they're really offering such major characters for only one week. They've succumbed to the "Disney Vault" mentality.
                  I’ve noticed in the responses, numerous people writing “I like TOS so I can skip this week”. Being a major character does not equate being a major seller. The figures being offered from Topps are not considered major sellers at retail. I think creating a venue where characters are available for purchase that would otherwise not be made is a smart move. Sure, they’re more expensive. Less are going to be made overall.

There will still be mass market waves made as well, so there’s that.
                  Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 6, '21, 3:02 PM.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

The only complaint I have had was the limit of 2 per figure, which seems to have been changed with today's offering. Wish they had made that decision last week, 2 Zira figures is not nearly enough.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 25, 2020

One figure a week would be more financially doable. 8 figures a month at $20 per figure plus shipping is a hit to anyone's budget. I spend a fair amount but that limits the other lines I can buy drastically. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the production levels of Mego currently. The ones I miss give me something to look forward to chasing down later on. My only problem with Topps is how long it takes before shipping. For instance, I have now purchased 8 figures over a one month stretch and yet non of them have so much as started to ship. At this rate I could end up with 16-18 figures paid for before they even ship the first 2.
                      Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Most Kickstarters do a backerkit when the product is ready where you can add on accessories and where you actually pay for shipping. This would be a great approach for this as well, especially if you could combine shipping on several weeks worth of orders.

Comment

• Riderfan
                          Megos are cool
                          • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          I’ve noticed in the responses, numerous people writing “I like TOS so I can skip this week”. Being a major character does not equate being a major seller. The figures being offered from Topps are not considered major sellers at retail. I think creating a venue where characters are available for purchase that would otherwise not be made is a smart move. Sure, they’re more expensive. Less are going to be made overall.

There will still be mass market waves made as well, so there’s that.
                          But that doesn't justify the beyond ridiculous Topps shipping charges to Canada. Just sayin'
                          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Riderfan
                            But that doesn't justify the beyond ridiculous Topps shipping charges to Canada. Just sayin'
                            Why would it? I have no idea about Canadian shipping rates in general and didn’t mention it.

However, it it’s truly cheaper to have someone in the US make an order on behalf of a number of their Canadian friends, it might be worth putting together a group order. Maximum has been bumped up to 5.

Comment

• marbkwds
                              Da Bronx Mego Collector
                              • May 10, 2005

So I am just finding out about this whole Topps thing and see that I missed KOR. Someone, please tell me that it will be available in the future as a regular release.

Also, I on the Topps website now and am trying to add Quark to my shopping cart but when click on the shopping cart to check out, it says my cart is empty ... No idea what to do about it any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Roy

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by marbkwds
                                So I am just finding out about this whole Topps thing and see that I missed KOR. Someone, please tell me that it will be available in the future as a regular release.

Also, I on the Topps website now and am trying to add Quark to my shopping cart but when click on the shopping cart to check out, it says my cart is empty ... No idea what to do about it any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Roy
                                You have to sign up for an account, then sign in to your account before you can order.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎