Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, thanks to the Topps partnership, I'm officially out.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

it might just be better to do figures every other week, or possibly once a month

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

The problem with one a week is the shipping. $10 is a lot for one figure. I would prefer less frequent offerings but still 2 figures at a time.

Comment

• The Batman Professor
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 15, 2010

Price and shipping doesn't bother me as much as waiting up to five months to receive them.
        sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Avenging Robot
          • Jun 1, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
          Question for the room, would one figure a week make it easier?
          Just thinking out loud here, as others have pointed out that this is somewhat similar to a kickstarter, why don't they change it to a vote and have one figure a month? That way you'd have more people buying what gets presented because the figure is truly what they want and there's no budget-juggling issues?

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

My concern with having one a week offered would be that if the character offered that week was more obscure it might not get funded whereas offering that character with a more popular character creates excitement to order both. For example... if Black Adam had been offered without Shazam how many of us would have been excited enough to order him ? One other thought is that these releases seem to be geared toward a lot of characters we have been requesting for years and we don't know how long this Topps deal will last. The more characters released and the quicker they're released the better. We may never get some of these otherwise. If we do get them I believe this is the only way we'll ever get Nova, Carmilla, Chapel, Rand, Vina, Marta etc... Like everyone else I can't afford them all but I'm going to try my best to keep up with the ones I really like.
            Last edited by Mego-Amigo; Sep 1, '21, 5:04 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Two a month would suit me fine.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                Radioactive!
                • Feb 13, 2010

I ordered Capt. Marvel and Black Adam on day one. If I had known Spock and Kor were the next week, I would have passed on Capt. Marvel and Black Adam and ordered them instead. Budget-wise, since I ordered the first week, I missed out on characters I actually wanted more. My preference would be knowing what characters are going to be available in advance so I can better plan for them.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i passed on Shazam and Adam, because i was holding for Star Trek and/or apes. I ordered 2 of each of the Trek. i would like the Taylor but don't want to spend the money again so soon, even though I can easily afford to. I don't know, maybe I will break down before they are taken down for next week

i do think 2 figures, once a month, would be more palatable to peoples wallets

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 23, 2008

I get where people are coming from but for some of us this is a relief. I don’t collect monsters, POTA, etc.

I collect some Trek but mostly DC so this is a joy since we usually only get a few figures a year for DC and this gives an opportunity to get a lot more.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                      Career Member
                      • Sep 5, 2005

Easier on the wallet, yes, but - and I understand the logistics aren't simple - batch shipping of, say, 30 days worth of orders would make the biggest difference for me.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                        Superman's Pal
                        • Jun 17, 2005

I don't even know how many figures Mego produced in their 70s/80s heyday. Assuming the new Mego keeps 2 a week pace for a year, that's 104 figures in one year, and that's just the Topps exclusives. I don't think the original Mego did that many 8"ers in ten years. I'm not complaining. I like that there are a ton of choices that force you to be selective, but it seems a lot like oversaturation. Maybe they're trying to duplicate what Funko Pop has done... grab as many licenses as possible and just keep cranking. Problem is that I don't think Megos have the same widespread popular appeal.

What a time to be alive, though. This is a problem many of us would have killed for in the mid to late 1990s.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                          I don't even know how many figures Mego produced in their 70s/80s heyday. Assuming the new Mego keeps 2 a week pace for a year, that's 104 figures in one year, and that's just the Topps exclusives. I don't think the original Mego did that many 8"ers in ten years...
                          Mego: Approx. 99, including teen and child figures but not 12", Lion rock military, or Flash Gordon.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 1, '21, 11:40 PM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MegoSteve
                            I don't even know how many figures Mego produced in their 70s/80s heyday. Assuming the new Mego keeps 2 a week pace for a year, that's 104 figures in one year, and that's just the Topps exclusives. I don't think the original Mego did that many 8"ers in ten years. I'm not complaining. I like that there are a ton of choices that force you to be selective, but it seems a lot like oversaturation. Maybe they're trying to duplicate what Funko Pop has done... grab as many licenses as possible and just keep cranking. Problem is that I don't think Megos have the same widespread popular appeal.

What a time to be alive, though. This is a problem many of us would have killed for in the mid to late 1990s.
                            I was wondering the same thing.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to see two figures a week, because I thought it was originally one per week.

Two per Week is better for me because shipping for two is not much more than for one figure ($2 USD more?), so I get more bank for my shipping bucks with two figures per week, assuming I get both figures, or two of one.

If it was only one figure per week, every week, I might not find enough value to buy as many because of the weekly shipping costs for one figure per week.

Four per month -- two every other week -- is something I wouldn't complain about either.
                              Last edited by TRDouble; Sep 2, '21, 1:49 PM.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                                I was pleasantly surprised to see two figures a week, because I thought it was originally one per week.

Two per Week is better for me because shipping for two is not much more than for one figure ($2 USD more?), so I get more bank for my shipping bucks with two figures per week, assuming I get both figures, or two of one.

If it was only one figure per week, every week, I might not find enough value to buy as many because of the weekly shipping costs for one figure per week.

Four per month -- two every other week -- is something I wouldn't complain about either.
                                It's also for those of us who aren't completionists as we are more likely to get the characters we want faster without having to wait for the mainstream waves to carry them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎