Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, thanks to the Topps partnership, I'm officially out.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I had to pass on Kor, that really hurt--I wanted him more than Kang. I will not be able to buy these--except an Aquaman!--for almost three months until my budget improves. That's a lot of missed weekly figures *sigh*.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
      Museum Super Collector
      • Nov 5, 2018

Yeah, it could be "too much of a good thing". Consider, here you have grown men with disposable income saying we can't afford all of these figures so quickly. So, how in the world are any kids that are starting to collect going to do it?

Maybe two goodies a month? Maybe?

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

As a Canadian living in northern Saskatchewan, I have had to pass on all of the Topps exclusives so far. It was excruciating to do so because I love Mego collecting and I want Mego to do well, plus I love all the figures they have announced so far (I have especially been waiting for a TMP Spock and a Taylor all of my collecting life). I also purchase most of my Mego figures (as well as FTC, etc) online as the retail selection in Canada often sucks to begin with... I have no issue with ordering online and paying shipping costs when they are reasonable... To purchase one $20 figure would end up costing me close to $100 when the shipping is added on for these Topps figures. That is simply way too excessive and ruins my joy of collecting.
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i wish they would at least give a calendar showing what line each Monday will have figures for, if not exactly the figures, then we can budget for the weeks that we will want to make a purchase. i also think they should bundle shipping if you are ordering more than one week as these will likely all be coming around the same time. but I am not a "gotta have em all" collector, i buy what i like, or can afford at the moment and if I miss one i miss one. I don't fret about it or get angry about it. this is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. if you are letting yourself get so angry and frustrated about it, then IMHO you are going about collecting all wrong

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
            Career Member
            • Sep 5, 2005

I hear ya. I've had eyes bigger than my wallet - to mix a metaphor - my entire life.

Comment

• SpideyDude73
              • Jul 5, 2019

I'm in for the Apes. The first 4 were an easy no-brainer for me. I can't seem to add them to my cart but ill try on the desktop computer later.

Btw...the chat bot on Topps is extremely rude. Apparently you have to have an account to ask why they won't take my money. Little things like that make me question supporting them but if you want it, you want it.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 16, 2008

I am disappointed in the exorbitant shipping fees and I am passing on this weeks' figures as a result, so I hear you. But I am still going to jump on future releases if they scream to be bought. I'm a cherry picker, so it is easier for me I guess. Certain lines I like to complete, but I can just grab things that grab me. It's still pretty exciting to have access to these new figures. When I saw the Motion Picture Spock I was so pleased. If there are more Beneath the Planet of the Apes figures or Apes tv figures I might cry. The Hammer stuff is a dream come true.

Comment

• wise guy
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 29, 2014

I ordered Shazam and Black Adam with $ 24.00 shipping and $ 6.00 tax. I wan't Zira but not with their shipping prices. I will get Aquaman but few others from Topps.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Honestly Mego is pumping out so much product in general that I'm kinda done with a vast majority of it. If something cool comes along I want (Like Toxic Avenger) I'm buying it for certain. But overall there's just too much stuff.

And I mean I guess that says they're doing well, but I tend to think Mego has a smaller audience and eventually you burn people out. Kudos to them for the success, but I can't buy everything. And not that I think they expect me to, but I hope they're aware that collector fatigue could eventually become a problem.

This is true to me for a lot of toy lines though. I've began to shift my focus in recent years to collect less and less.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Who would've ever thought people would be complaining about TOO MANY mego's coming out. Great problem to have.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

Depends on your perspective.

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                          • Jun 1, 2012

I think for those of us who grew up with Mego is that as children we had a few of this and that - nobody that I grew up with had everything. Over the years these toys became a hobby that had adult collectors. When you look at other toy lines like the Playmates Star Trek line that started in the '90s the unique figures ran into the hundreds. The Mego Star Trek line had 14 figures and like I said, I didn't know anyone who had all 14 as children.

So I guess what I'm saying is that as children we never had a complete collection and for most of us as adults, we probably won't have a complete collection either...

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 15, 2010

Up to 100 business days (puts us into January) to ship Heston and Zira is what grinds my gears - this is just a glorified kickstarter.
                            sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• puckace
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Feb 5, 2009

I'm not out yet. But I'm thinking about it. I love Mego. I also think the TOPPS character selection has been great so far. But Frankly, the shipping is too high. I've picked up 5 of the 6 initial offerings. But I haven't felt good about the purchases. With the price increasing on most action figure lines I collect, it's really going to come down to what I can afford and how much satisfaction I get out of collecting them. If TOPPS can find a better shipping option, I'm in. Otherwise, I think I'm going to have to pass in the near future.

Comment

• palitoy
                                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Question for the room, would one figure a week make it easier?
                                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎