X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

FTC Raising Prices $$$$$

Not sure if this has already been addressed, but I noticed the 66 Batman window boxed figures have gone up $10.00

Earlier this year I purchased a window box 66 Joker for $19.99, total with shipping, $27.99 I wanted to transfer it over to an original Mego Riddler body with purple hands which I did.

I just got two original Mego bodies from eBay and wanted to pick up a couple more 66 window box villains, Mad Hatter and Shame, but now it would cost me $60.00 plus $12.99 for shipping, $73.00 instead of what would have been $50.00 an extra $23.00

$19.99 for window box 66 Batman figures was a great bargain and I’m sure they received many orders, so they then decide to raise the price $10.00 which means shipping cost goes from $8.00 to $10.00 so if you were buying just one figure it would have been $28.00 now it would be $40.00 $12.00 more

Classic idiotic move by classic crooks tv. I want to email them and ask why? but I doubt I would get any kind of logic explanation.

I have done plenty of business with them over the years, my first purchase was the 5 set of I Love Lucy Figures, that’s how long it’s been, I even rolled with the punches when I didn’t get something I ordered or an item that was wrong, but they were very convenient for me with clothes and accessories but now there getting greedy and I’m pretty much done with them.

My apologies for venting but I had to get it off my chest.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I just looked... Batman and Robin have gone up even more, to $36.98! Yikes!

I assume you want the display boxes? Because you can still get Mad Hatter and Shame loose for $19.99, if you really want them.

But yeah, that price increase for what is probably the same stock that has been sitting there forever on crappy bodies is ridiculous.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by TRDouble
      I just looked... Batman and Robin have gone up even more, to $36.98! Yikes!

I assume you want the display boxes? Because you can still get Mad Hatter and Shame loose for $19.99, if you really want them.

But yeah, that price increase for what is probably the same stock that has been sitting there forever on crappy bodies is ridiculous.
      Yes, I wanted to get them with the window display boxes, like my Joker. The window display boxes have very nice art work and at $19.99 it was a bargin. Your most probably right saying it’s same stock on crummy bodies, that’s why I wanted to transfer to Mego bodies like I did with Joker.

Now if say these were on type S bodies at 29.99 a piece with the display boxes, I wouldn’t complain.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

FTC doesn't want to stick around too much longer do they? I am starting to think they are shifting away from figures to the customs bodies and parts.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

So I bought the big boxed set of accessories for Batman 66 and the respirator heads of Batman and Robin apparently are regular heads with respirators glued on. The glue and melted they had fallen off which was actually pretty good. I cleaned the heads and respirators with goo gone and bought the complete batman and robin outfits for 10 each from ctvt. I used clear dental rubber bands to hold the respirators on as needed.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎