X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: My 10 Favourite Rack Toys

New to the channel? Subscribe! ?https://bit.ly/3D3zxJK Toy-Ventures: My 10 Favourite Rack Toys To celebrate the second printing of my book “Rack Toys: Cheap, Crazed Playthings” (Coming September 10th) I’m going to do a count down of my absolute favourite dime store toys. From screen accurate Space:1999 stun guns to a pistol-packing Spider-Man, it’s a […]
    The post Toy-Ventures: My 10 Favourite Rack Toys appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Cool! From that list, the only one I ever had was the Space Master die-cast ship... (although I certainly remember seeing several of the other items on the racks as a kid).
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great list! Covers everything from the great, to the absurd, to the utterly ridiculous.

Of the Rack Toys I have owned in my lifetime, I would have to say some of my favorites were the Looney Tunes erasers/figures made by Diener Industries Inc. I bought set upon set of these at Eastside Pharmacy up the street from me. I played with them like action figures!

Any of the AHI Super Hero parachutists would have to top my list as well. Of the ones I owned, probably Captain America, because I didn't have a Mego Pocket Super Heroes figure of him.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

The only rack toys I recall having were parachutists and a few Mobile Action Command knock-offs.

This is a fun list with a few gems. Looking forward to the reissued volume.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I had the bendy Godzilla, he stepped on a few little plastic toy tanks and even fought my bendy Kong, although I don’t remember being able to bend him into thousands of different positions, maybe about three.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Well I probably own less than 5 rack toys. But my favorite was the Space Warriors the card art reminded me of the 1970's sci-fi paperback novels that were pure escapism for nerds like me. I also dig the Tarzan fleetwood set.

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

As much as I loved any parachute toy, my favorite rack toy was easily the Funstuff Spidey Web Shooter. I loved it so much I bought 4 of them. A new one each time the one I had quickly broke.

DSC00045 (2).jpg
              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

That Godzilla bendy is adorbs. Loved that as a kid.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎