X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

RIP Eddie Paskey

My apologies if this has been already mentioned, I did not see it anywhere here.

Eddie Paskey, (Lt. Leslie) who appeared in many TOS episodes passed away back on August 17th, he was 81 years old.

This kind of slipped under the radar, since I just found out earlier today, 11 days later, I do not know the cause of his passing

I guess he’ll always be remembered as the Red Shirt guy who always kept popping up in the background even after he was killed off the episode before and also had a line or two of dialogue, sat in the Captain’s chair and took part in a mutiny. He was also referred to as Mr. Leslie by Captain Kirk early in the series.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sorry to hear of this. I enjoyed his presence on the show as "That Guy" and recall being pleased to discover his character's name on repeat viewing. I think fans embraced him as much as Chapel or Rand, and I was thrilled when Mego Corp let me create a proper Lt. Leslie figure.

RIP. And thanks for sharing, T.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen any coverage of his passing. RIP.

TOS's cast of minor crewmembers-- like Leslie, Riley, DeSalle, Kyle, Rand, Chapel, M'Benga, etc.-- are definitely part of what made it feel like a fully realized setting. It feels like they went away from that in the later series.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Good point about characterization.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

He was in more episodes than Chekov and Sulu. R.I.P.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Mego should make a generic no license needed figure with black booted legs.

Maybe dress him in something cheap like a one piece superhero jumpsuit

Use Captain Dunsel's Lesie's sculpt …

Don't use the word Star Trek anywhere on the package …

We'll take care of the rest with an extra Scotty uniform.

Of course give Paskey's family and Dunsel a Piece of the Action …

If anything, just make a limited edition rubber official Mego painted head

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

the Al Bundy head was the Paskey sculpt. i repainted the hair to better match, swapped the head to a Trek body, and there you have Lt Leslie

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

RIP:-(

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Sorry to hear this. Mr. Leslie became a welcome site when I realized that was his character's name (usually, anyway) thanks to an entry in DC's Who's Who in Star Trek. Of course, Mr. Leslie famously died in "Obsession", but came back in later episodes!

The wonderful books series "These are the Voyages" by Marc Cushman has a lot of quotes from Paskey about his time on the show. He was also the lighting stand-in for William Shatner during much of the run. He actually left the series before the end of the third season due to repeated aggravations to an old back injury, and growing sensitivity to the studio lights.

RIP.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

That pic is awesome! If you haven't seen this, this is pretty incredible:

The Comprehensive Lt. Leslie Star Trek Archives

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                      Moderation Engineer
                      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                      That pic is awesome! If you haven't seen this, this is pretty incredible:

The Comprehensive Lt. Leslie Star Trek Archives
                      I used it for research, the only "costume" I didn't do was when he appeared briefly in a Nazi-type uniform.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Admiral Leslie (New Voyages)

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡