Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dracula & Frankenstein; The Invisible Man & The Wolf Man Double Feature Fathom Events

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Dracula & Frankenstein; The Invisible Man & The Wolf Man Double Feature Fathom Events

Saturday October 2nd...

Saturday October 30th...

CAN......NOT.....WAIT!!!
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I recall their earlier DF of Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. It was wonderful.

But I don't think I'm comfortable attending movies yet.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
      Creature Of The Night
      • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      I recall their earlier DF of Frankenstein and the Bride of Frankenstein. It was wonderful.

But I don't think I'm comfortable attending movies yet.
      I saw The Bride Fathom Event in 2012 or 2013 at an AMC theater and watched the original Frankenstein at an independent historic theater in Pasadena around 2004, 2005. Although the old world theater was a much more enjoyable experience, I'm really looking forward to these double features.

We've been going to the movies a few times per month since early April, but certainly understand why many choose not to return just yet. We generally wait until the 2nd or 3rd week of a release and pick an early showing, so there's usually only about 10 - 20 other people in the theater with us.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Those are the same four films being released on 4K in October. I'll be watching them alright...in my own living room.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
          Creature Of The Night
          • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
          Those are the same four films being released on 4K in October. I'll be watching them alright...in my own living room.
          Awesome! I generally watch most of the Universal movies in October anyway, but will be delighted to see some of them on the big screen this year, three of the them for the first time ever.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

The drive in here is going to have Frankenstein, Dracula Wolfman Mummy and Creature from the black Lagoon together on Oct 20th
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Dark Shadow
              Creature Of The Night
              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              The drive in here is going to have Frankenstein, Dracula Wolfman Mummy and Creature from the black Lagoon together on Oct 20th
              That's quite a line up! Are they showing them back to back on a single screen, or is this a multi-screen drive-in?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Dark Shadow
                That's quite a line up! Are they showing them back to back on a single screen, or is this a multi-screen drive-in?
                all 5 for 25 bucks a carload. on the other screen is assorted other stuff like Gremlins and whatnot. I haven't seen what they are doing the next friday right before Halloween. During the movie draught last year they rean old stuff and had Batman 89 with Superman 78 one weekend, that was sweet, ran a WW episode too.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

They should add two more weekends with double features of The Mummy and CFTBL and the other weekend with Frankenstein meets the Wolfman and Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein, make it a full month of Halloween excitement.

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Would love to go see these in the theater! I did go and see Black Widow this year and that's the only movie theater viewing I've seen since Feb 2020. I really enjoy going to the theater and miss it honestly.

Looks like the closest showing is about an hour away, sadly with the way everything is trending COVID wise I'll probably have to skip these.

Link for the lazy: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...Double-Feature
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                      Creature Of The Night
                      • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      all 5 for 25 bucks a carload. on the other screen is assorted other stuff like Gremlins and whatnot. I haven't seen what they are doing the next friday right before Halloween. During the movie draught last year they rean old stuff and had Batman 89 with Superman 78 one weekend, that was sweet, ran a WW episode too.
                      Awesome! That's going to be a long & fun night!

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      They should add two more weekends with double features of The Mummy and CFTBL and the other weekend with Frankenstein meets the Wolfman and Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein, make it a full month of Halloween excitement.
                      That would be great! From your keyboard to TCM's programming director's eyes.

Originally posted by drquest
                      Would love to go see these in the theater! I did go and see Black Widow this year and that's the only movie theater viewing I've seen since Feb 2020. I really enjoy going to the theater and miss it honestly.

Looks like the closest showing is about an hour away, sadly with the way everything is trending COVID wise I'll probably have to skip these.

Link for the lazy: https://www.fathomevents.com/events/...Double-Feature
                      That's too bad, maybe one will pop up closer for you in the meantime?
                      (Thanks for posting the link, I didn't even think about it, I guess I was too excited...lol)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Oh, awesome! I saw Fathom's Frankenstein and Bride, and then the English and Spanish Dracula double features a few years back. Our local theater showed The Wolf Man a few years ago, but I've never seen The Invisible Man on the big screen!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 12, 2016

October is horror movie month for me...all month long...love the old classics and UK horror from the 60s and 70s....I'd love to see em on the big screen but I ain't fighting the mobs we got out there today...I guess a 70 inch screen at home will do...lol...
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                            Creature Of The Night
                            • May 14, 2011

What a real treat to see the first two movies (Dracula & Frankenstein) last weekend. So many things really stood out on the big screen that I hadn't really unnoticed while watching over the years on traditional CRT TV screens and our current 40" - 1080, including some dialogue. The best thing was that there were only about 10-15 other people in the theater...including us.

Looking forward to the next two.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎