X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Where's BATMAN?

FTC announced quite some time ago, this GREAT looking BATMAN. But it's been so long I'm beginning to wonder if it's ever going to come? I think it's a really great sculpt...kinda reminds me of Jim Aparo.

sigpic
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I try not to have any expectations of FTC. The stuff shows up when it shows up, and I like it or I don't.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Oof, not liking that sculpt at all. The bottom half of the head, the area below the mouth specifically, is way too long, IMO.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by warlock664
        Oof, not liking that sculpt at all. The bottom half of the head, the area below the mouth specifically, is way too long, IMO.
        To each his own...looks like a nice representation of Jim Aparo's Artwork to me.
        sigpic

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

Yes, that Batman is from the Outsiders line and based on Jim Aparo's art. I love the Metamorpho from this line, as it beautifully captures Aparo's. I'm really looking forward to getting this Batman and the rest of the Outsiders.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
            Yes, that Batman is from the Outsiders line and based on Jim Aparo's art. I love the Metamorpho from this line, as it beautifully captures Aparo's. I'm really looking forward to getting this Batman and the rest of the Outsiders.
            Yeah, I bought Metamorpho as well! They really did NAIL the Jim Aparo style on him...GREAT figure!
            sigpic

Comment

• KingKickass1983
              Career Member
              • Jan 19, 2019

Batman as played by Bruce Campbell... lookit that JAW!
              Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

FTC has become a secondary thought to me since Mego has returned and been running on all cylinders. Don't really care for a company anymore that announces something is coming and then two or three years have passed and you either see it or you don't. Plus thirty dollars now for an low quality figure? Mego will announce a figure or a wave and you will see it and own it within 2 months. And I will still buy FTC for a favorite character like Black Lightning, GeoForce and Constantine, just left me pessimistic(actually i should ease somewhat, there has been a pandemic the last 20 months and that has to be a factor why we haven't seen much from them recently:(

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

“He’s at home! Washing his tights!”
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

I am looking forward to this Batman eventually coming out too, but so far, from this Outsiders "wave", it hasn't been a wave; it's been piecemeal releases, like Metamorpho (which is great), Halo (which is nice) -- both of which were released in baggies -- and Katana's head with different hair colors. I don't think they showed Black Lightning... did they show Geo-Force? I forget!

I am still hopeful we get the full Outsiders team, but FTC has been parting out stuff quickly lately (the last Wonder Woman series, Metamorpho, etc.), so I don't know if the lack of stuff is a supply chain issue because of the pandemic, Mego cutting into their sales, or something else entirely, or a combo of everything.

It feels like that last Wonder Woman series would have been a big loss for a small company, so that couldn't have helped. At least Mego hasn't announced selling their new bandless bodies separately, and since FTC seems to be heading towards concentrating on making use of the Type S body, hopefully that direction works well enough for them to still give us their versions of DC Comics characters too.

The new Batman on a Type S body, albeit at $40, would be nice.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TRDouble
                      I am looking forward to this Batman eventually coming out too, but so far, from this Outsiders "wave", it hasn't been a wave; it's been piecemeal releases, like Metamorpho (which is great), Halo (which is nice) -- both of which were released in baggies -- and Katana's head with different hair colors. I don't think they showed Black Lightning... did they show Geo-Force? I forget!

I am still hopeful we get the full Outsiders team, but FTC has been parting out stuff quickly lately (the last Wonder Woman series, Metamorpho, etc.), so I don't know if the lack of stuff is a supply chain issue because of the pandemic, Mego cutting into their sales, or something else entirely, or a combo of everything.

It feels like that last Wonder Woman series would have been a big loss for a small company, so that couldn't have helped. At least Mego hasn't announced selling their new bandless bodies separately, and since FTC seems to be heading towards concentrating on making use of the Type S body, hopefully that direction works well enough for them to still give us their versions of DC Comics characters too.

I wonder if Mego continues to grow if they would consider acquiring or partnering with FTC. I understand how the are competitors but I also feel like the characters we get from FTC are so different than what we get or will get from Mego.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                        I wonder if Mego continues to grow if they would consider acquiring or partnering with FTC. I understand how the are competitors but I also feel like the characters we get from FTC are so different than what we get or will get from Mego.
                        I’d put my money on a hostile takeover before a partnership.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble

If they truly go to a 40 dollar price point it'll be the beginning of the end for them.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

They had no choice but to part out recent WW, those were atrocious and custom-fodder is a great way to recoup costs.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              I’d put my money on a hostile takeover before a partnership.
                              I've typed four responses to this and deleted them all. I don't know why I'm so circumspect...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎