X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions 94: Video Store Memories

Two for Tuesdays. New Release Wednesdays. Three-Day Rentals. Skinemax listings? Or familiar terminology from the video store days? As it happens, it’s both! But this episode of Pod Stallions we’re focusing on the latter, the glory days of the 80s-90s video revolution. Rentals changed the world, some movies never got to theaters, we had access […]
    The post Pod Stallions 94: Video Store Memories appeared first on PS.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

blockbuster.jpg
    I loved working at Blockbuster. Way back when the middle of the shelf were set for Indy movies. At my store I was granted early access to watch them so that on new release day I could advise customers about them. Most the store would get was 3 copies of them. I also remember the international section. I watched every VHS back then in that section mostly because there were gay titles from overseas that nobody knew about.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• toyhunter1970
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2020

great show Castle Freak, +horror Express, Microwave Massacre Deathdream Shrunkenheads all on TUBITV
      Last edited by toyhunter1970; Aug 28, '21, 1:23 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Great show fellas! We had several video stores in my area, but K & J Connection was right downtown within walking distance. My friends and I would rent stuff we had no business renting, and the owner didn't seem to care. He let us rent R-rated horror and action films, as long as we said "It's for my Dad" or something like that.

There were tons of "Not Rated" films he let us rent with no explanation needed, despite having titles like "Girls Without Lovers". Good times...but MAN that guy was irresponsible. We were just kids!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Like I said in the show, one lady locally used to try and block me renting smutty films but I'd always leave quite unknowingly with something even dirtier, she didn't know the70s horror movies.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

I remember Family Video had lesser known movies that were unrated. That's how I saw my first R rated film. That Trucker scared the hell outta me as a kid

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎