X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

A Piece of The Action

Anyone think Mego will ever release Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Krako, Bela, and the Fizzbin guy in their gangster suits? I would love to 'em on my shelf especially with the Tommy guns.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I just made a custom Bela Oxmyx about a month ago, and I have seen customs of Kirk, Spock, Krako and Bela on ebay.

There not very difficult to make and ctvt has striped suits and guns.

I think it would be neat if new mego came out with them, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

I would buy all of them. I still have the Playmates 9 inch gangster Kirk and Spock figures.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I can think of a dozen ST:TOS Megos I'd rather have first.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
          I just made a custom Bela Oxmyx about a month ago, and I have seen customs of Kirk, Spock, Krako and Bela on ebay.

There not very difficult to make and ctvt has striped suits and guns.

I think it would be neat if new mego came out with them, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
          CTVT doesn't have all the pieces anymore. They don't have the suit Spock wore. I was planning to make a Kirk and Spock, but couldn't get the right stuff from them.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            same here. plus having bought several extra Kirks and Spocks for uniforms or parts, i usually have extra naked ones lying around that i could easily make customs with, and probably will one of these days

Comment

• Avenging Robot
              • Jun 1, 2012

I have the Playmates as well. If this was ever released, it would be best as a special edition and slightly higher-priced box set if they ever wanted to do justice to the suits, shirts, ties, fedoras and machine guns.

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 21, 2009

One thing I hope they don't do too much of is just give us Kirk and Spock in different outfits - like from Piece of the Action, Mirror Mirror, City on the Edge... Star Trek has such a wide choice of characters that it'd be a shame to be so limiting. That said, I'd love an Admiral Kirk from TMP, and both characters from ST IV.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 25, 2020

I would love to see some characters that have never been released before. Seems like even this most recent wave from Mego is just new sculpts of already been done multiple times characters. I want to see some new faces from Star Trek and DC
                  Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 21, 2009

Sarek and Amanda (from TOS) would make a perfect Topps offering.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                      Great idea!
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
                        As would Gary Seven and Roberta Lincoln... hint hint.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Or Ruk and Dr. Korby. Though IMO Ruk could succeed in mass-market.

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

I’d like to throw in an accurate Talosian and Mugato and here’s another vote for Ruk.

Comment

• MysteryWho
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 16, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Yep. I was down with the few Kirk and Spock doubles with new clothing because those outfits were worn regularly. Different characters that have not been made are infinitely preferable to the "planet of the week" costumes. I was happy with the Mirror figures because it's my personal favorite episode, but if those hadn't been made I would not have been disappointed. Nobody needs Kirk in crotch grabbing red tights from Charlie X.
                              Last edited by MysteryWho; Sep 11, '21, 2:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎