Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you attach a swivel head to a Mego body?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoamigo
    • Jul 25, 2007

How do you attach a swivel head to a Mego body?

Hello Mego customizers,

I recently won some custom Mego part lots on ebay. In one of the lots were some custom heads with the round swivel neck. I can see that there is a small bar inside of the neck hole, but I'm not sure what I should use to attach to that bar to hold the head on the body. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Do they make a custom product to attach a swivel head? I appreciate any advice you can give.

Thank you,

Megoamigo
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Isn’t there a bar in the crotch piece? Probably string it to that
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megoamigo
      • Jul 25, 2007

Thank you for the response. I guess what I really want to know is what do you use to attach the head to the body? And how do you get that item strung through the bar in the neck or attached to the bar?

Thanks,

Megoamigo

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I have used a small eyehook on the bottom of the neck post and then elastic to one of the posts internal to the body (as Tbolt suggested). I like the bodies that have screws in them and can come apart and be assembled easily. There are a couple of versions of them around. Docs bodies for the Universal Monsters and some of the last BifBangPow figures. The Uncle Sam body. The Zica (and FTC, I guess) type S body. There is usually a central post that one of the screws goes into that is pretty good for an elastic to tie up to the head.

a crochet hook, or a thick paperclip that is straightened and then bent to have a small 'j' hook at the end work pretty good for fishing elastic through bodies.

Comment

• Type3Toys
          Home Of The Type3 Body
          • Jan 18, 2005

You need to drill a hole through the upper torso, front to back, about where the shoulder holes are. Then you insert an metal rod into the hole. Then loop stretch cord around the rod and pull both ends up through the neck hole.
          If it hasn't been done, drill a hole up the neck of the head, 3/16 to 1/4 inch in diameter. You may want to sneak up on the hole size wise. Small pilot holes and gradually increase the size.
          The you drill a small hole in the neck, back to front and insert a tiny metal rod.
          Do not go all the way through or you will need to putty the front to hide the rod.
          Now, pass one end of the stretch cord in the neck hole and over the rod and back out.
          Now tie off the stretch cord to the other end hanging out of the neck hole.
          Cut off excess.
          Using hemostats or needle nose pliers, pull the nott into the neck hole of the torso.
          I suggest 6-8 inches of cord. It's easier to work with if you have a little extra.
          LOOK
          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍