X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Bandai '98 Black Raideen/Godsigma/Combattra

So, there's some mystery involved about why/how/when these guys were released. They were made from the original Popy molds from the 70's. There used to be more information about them, but now all I could find was something from Alen Yen's ToyboxDX (that I used to be a member of many moons ago). Anyway, I just received my second one: Godsigma; picked up Raideen a while back. Raideen is still my favorite chogokin, but this Black Godsigma is pretty bad-a5s. Here's the story:

Without any prior notice, Bandai released black versions of Raideen, St Combattra V, and St Godsigma. They were found only in 3 places in Tokyo and Yokohama: Seibu Ikebukuro, Kong Tong Town in the Matsudo area, and Sogo of Yokohama. The toys came in a new designed black shoebox-type "leatherette" cardboard box. There's no other artwork but the golden embossed logo of the robot, plus a small white sticker on the side. Each robot is loosely strapped to a red felt covered cardboard piece. Only 800 of each were made.

Last edited by J.B.; Aug 22, '21, 7:28 PM.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.
  • tay666
    Career Member
    • Dec 27, 2008

That is sooooooooooo cool!

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by tay666
      That is sooooooooooo cool!
      Yeah, these guys are fun. Still need Combattra to complete the set. It was either '97 or '98 when they were released. I've read that they were either part of the Tokyo Toy Wonder Festival or the Toy Winter Festival. There was also a rumor that these were made from stolen molds, but once the white labels were "deciphered", that doesn't appear to be the case.

Target age 15 years old and over
      Standard retail price ¥ 7.800 (that's about $71.00 in today's market; not sure what it was back then.)
      Publisher: Gobun Co., Ltd.
      1-45-13 Araoicho, Gunko-shi, Chiba.
      For customers who purchase> If you have any questions about the product, please contact us at Phone: 0479-22-0967
      Planning cooperation: Bandai Co., Ltd.
      Last edited by J.B.; Aug 29, '21, 9:10 PM.
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎