Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Not to distract too much from this awesome article, but yes! I did have that Avengers book and it did make having the portfolio a bit cooler to me.

And now back to your regularly scheduled praise for the fun in the article. As nuts as I was for hero supplies, I have never seen those pencil toppers. I would've loved what amounted to small action figures I could take to school!
    Don't apologize for tangenting! I think I received the pencil toppers as cake decorations on a birthday. The childhood versions I had were the soft rubber type. I had the whole set, plus, I think a dog? I don't know if he was supposed to be Krypto or Wonder Dog? Anyway, the Shazam (Captain Marvel) figure seen in the article on the far right is my one remaining original childhood copy.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Don't apologize for tangenting! I think I received the pencil toppers as cake decorations on a birthday. The childhood versions I had were the soft rubber type. I had the whole set, plus, I think a dog? I don't know if he was supposed to be Krypto or Wonder Dog? Anyway, the Shazam (Captain Marvel) figure seen in the article on the far right is my one remaining original childhood copy.

Chris
      Even cooler to be able to transfer them from a delicious cake to a pencil. My mother used to dye vanilla icing blue because that was my favorite color. Some where I have a picture of me in front of a blue cake with Gene Simmons' face on it. Moms rule!
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        II'm always on the lookout for vintage school supplies featuring Aquaman.
        Nabbed a vintage pencil-pouch! Bon anniversaire a moi!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• msenger76
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 3, 2009

i was in a bidding war at an auction over a mead spiral notebook. cover was spidey 135. had 3 pieces left in it and writing on inside cover. at $20 i realized i didnt need it

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I can sympathize, I was watching an Aquaman folder but the price was ridiculous.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
              Career Member
              • May 14, 2007

I had the Super-Friends lunch box but it rusted out so bad that I finally had to get rid of it. I always loved the portifolios and I got several over the years. I still got my original Captain America, Thor and Spider-Man folders from the 1970s. The store didn't have the entire set in stock so I missed out on picking up the Fantastic Four, the Avengers and the Hulk folders.
              Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎