X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Head shrinking with naphtha

Here are some heads that have been shrunk and some that need shrinking and normal heads for comparison.

Normal Richie heads on the sides and shrunk head in the middle.

Shrunk Dracula head between a couple of normal heads. The Dracula head was kinda oversized, so I shrunk it. Looks better now.

Candyman and Dracula are way too large. Compared to regular heads they look huge. I'll be shrinking both of them. I have Dracula shrinking right now. Candyman is next.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

That came out pretty good Lonnie. Especially when you see the scale of Richie next to the new Romulan.
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

So, how long long are you soaking these?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        So, how long long are you soaking these?
        I did it a long time ago. I think it was for like a week or so. I'm leaving the new Dracula for a week at least.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Very interesting. I've heard of this method for years, but have never done it. Silly question, maybe, but does it effect the paint on the figures in any way?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

Paint isn't affected at all.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^Cool. Thanks!
              sigpic

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 23, 2008

The funniest thing about this is that the Trek 9" Playmates heads work so well shrinking and they legit pop right on to the body perfectly. I would assume the Exclusive Premier figures would work the same way.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

i have shrink several of the playmates heads. only issue with them is the neck is too short as it was part of the body on those, not the head as it is with Mego

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                    Museum Patron
                    • Aug 23, 2019

I heard that the Exclusive Premier figures will not shrink, but prove me wrong as I would like a Bond figure or two.
                    A week of Naptha does wonders, I found out, don’t use acetone over night though, lol

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Tiberiusguy
                      I heard that the Exclusive Premier figures will not shrink, but prove me wrong as I would like a Bond figure or two.
                      A week of Naptha does wonders, I found out, don’t use acetone over night though, lol
                      The Bond line unfortunately is a different scale and plastic. Those figures are 7” while the others are 9”. I tried shrinking a Lily Munster head and it worked for me. It was a ***** to get the head off though I had to heat it up a ton.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                        The funniest thing about this is that the Trek 9" Playmates heads work so well shrinking and they legit pop right on to the body perfectly. I would assume the Exclusive Premier figures would work the same way.
                        That is if you don't mind them being deformed no-neck figures. I can't stand the look with no neck.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

It's hard to tell in the picture, but in person the difference is very obvious. Now I need a figure to put the shrunken head on.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            That is if you don't mind them being deformed no-neck figures. I can't stand the look with no neck.
                            Add a washer or some-such. Most uniforms have collars.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎