X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaniellePlaysWithToys
    Youngest Mego Fan
    • Aug 30, 2019

My latest buy

I just bought the 1996 Kenner Superman TAS Evil Alien Brainiac figure off eBay. I have been watching Superman TAS on HBO Max, and I have a crush on Brainiac. I could listen to him talk for days. He's gonna come on the 27th. Interesting fact is that Kenner was the one who wanted Brainiac to have his Blasting Space Sled so they could use it in their toyline. All I can think of though is Superman 64 when Brainiac gets hit ONCE, walks through Superman, gets in his sled, and flies out the window. THERE'S NOT EVEN AN ANIMATION OF HIM SITTING DOWN LMAO

so yeah he's coming.
    FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.
  • DaniellePlaysWithToys
    Youngest Mego Fan
    • Aug 30, 2019

He came in today. He looks great! Everything works. It's my first action figure in this collection, I should get more.
    FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Ahh Brainiac one of the better Superman adversaries when handled properly. Some people didn't like the TAS reworking of Brainiac being the Kryptonian internet gone bad, but he was introduced to set up the Galactic Zoo at the fortress of solitude.

Imo Brainiac should also be an Advanced AI that values knowledge and research over the civilizations he miniatures.

As far as the figure line, I only need one Superman and fill out his co-stars and Rogues gallery. Great show though.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Loved the STAS/DCAU version of Brainiac. Tying him to Krypton was a nice touch, in my opinion. Cory Burton's vocal performance is canon in my mind. Great figure too.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎