Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who D0ESN'T collect the New Mego figures?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Who D0ESN'T collect the New Mego figures?

It seems like some of us aren't collecting figures from the new Mego Company. Whom of you are only into the original Mego Company and don't buy the new stuff?
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

I haven't purchased any new Mego figures lately. I think the last one was their Farrah Fawcett figure. I purchased a lot of their figures (waves 1-4?) at Target when they first came out. I was going to Target several times a week. It was thrilling for a while, but then I eventually got burned out, and the thrill was gone. I'm also not interested in Star Trek or Apes, so I don't collect those. I did recently purchase some Dinah Mite stuff, so I guess you could say I like old Mego better.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Well as far as New Mego, I think most folks only get what interests them jmo. For me it was mostly Star Trek, but Universal Monsters was a big success along with the DC Heroes and now that POTA is included I’m sure those will sell like hot cakes, not so much say Facts of Life and Full House, but I’m sure those who had an interest in those bought them.

It’s no different then back in the day, the 8 year old in us only bought what they liked and passed on other characters, how many of us bought original mego Batman compared to say, Mr. Mxyzptlik?

I guess old mego is classic, it’s what we all saw first when we were kids and played with them, while new mego, great as it is, is more for collecting and displaying purposes for the adult in us.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

My interest is dwindling lately. The abandoning of generic knockoff type monsters has dulled my interest I may still get a couple but not buying as much as I was.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i bought a lot in the first couple years. now I only get Trek, Apes and the Superheroes. though i passed on Shazam and Adam. if they come out with more music icons from bands I like, then i will get those too

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I'm having a hard time passing on any of them when I see them in-store.

Can't believe I just bought Leatherface and Willy Wonka, but they looked so good I couldn't leave without them.

Comment

• josephcardone
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 10, 2010

I’m still collecting loose vintage. The new ones are nice but only collect some. I started out getting them all - got too expensive. I really think they are all pretty awesome and very fairly priced !!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Wonka is a very attractive figure and card, I'd like an Oompa-Loopa companion.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Wonka is a very attractive figure and card, I'd like an Oompa-Loopa companion.
                  Yeah, I had to pick up that Wonka when I saw him too. Your totally right. Who wouldn't want an Oompa-Loopa companion. Heck I'd settle for just a Mego of one.
                  Last edited by greensavage2000; Aug 21, '21, 2:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Oh, you wag .
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

The Topps announcement me come to a conclusion- I have a Mego problem.

Every time I see a Mego in the wild, I buy it. Whether I want it or not. Last week, I found and bought Leatherface, Igor and Stan Lee. Last time, it was Saru and Apollo Creed (I did want Creed). All this while I haven't ordered figured I do want, like Wonka and the Reptile. It doesn't make any sense.

I sat here all week debating on Shazam and Black Adam before finally realizing I was tempted to buy them not because I wanted them but rather because they were exclusive. I really need to settle down and focus on the new Megos I really want.

Hi, my name is Bill and I'm a Mego addict.
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I am cherry-picking, both by necessity and design. Just as i do with FTC.

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I buy everything. I don't know why. I'm planning to move next year and really need to get rid of stuff, but its so hard not to buy new Megos when offered.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thesharkman
                            Museum Patron
                            • Nov 1, 2019

I haven't purchased a single "new" mego. They just don't do it for me like the originals..... =)

thesharkman

Comment

• YoungOnce
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 29, 2007

I haven't bought any either. I'm here for the nostalgia and I have none for these.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎