Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Hopefully Dracula's Daughter and Werewolf of London.

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

Honestly I would love to see Topps come out with Abbott & Costello ( if they could get the license rights ) followed by Universal Monsters, Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman and Mummy.

Comment

• TheChief
        • Jul 18, 2014

Let me just add my voice to the chorus of disappointed Canadians - there's no way in heck I'm paying such astronomical shipping costs on these. I'm not sure if these will successfully get 'funded' without us or other international Mego fans!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by TheChief
          Let me just add my voice to the chorus of disappointed Canadians - there's no way in heck I'm paying such astronomical shipping costs on these. I'm not sure if these will successfully get 'funded' without us or other international Mego fans!
          Topps actually has covered Europe rather well, it's mainly Canadians that are getting this treatment. I know Mego plans to speak to them about it because I don't think there have been many Canucks buying. I had to use a 3rd party service in Toronto that charges $7 extra.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JamesB.
            • Dec 15, 2013

Why is Zira part of this TOPPS wave? I can understand captive Taylor maybe being an exclusive, but Zira? She is a MAIN character, part of the original line and defintely should have been available at regular retail.

I still have my original Zira, so it's not a huge deal for me in this situation. But my brother who recently began collecting Mego again after 30-plus years wanted her as part of the POTA line and is absolutely cheesed. I could use the third-party shipping service Brian mentioned, but we really shouldn't have to do that for this particular release.
            Last edited by JamesB.; Aug 31, '21, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Are production runs limited to preorders only?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                that was my understanding

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  that was my understanding

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                    • Jun 1, 2012

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                    Joel answered a lot of questions about the Topps deal over on Facebook Ambassadors. It really is a way for Mego to get some more obscure / lesser known characters in our hands that probably would not be made otherwise. This is a great thing for all of us. He did say that they will be meeting with Topps about the shipping issues.
                    Not to play debate club but Taylor is a holy grail type figure for those of us who collect POTA.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Avenging Robot
                      Not to play debate club but Taylor is a holy grail type figure for those of us who collect POTA.
                      If I had to guess, we'll see a different mass-market Taylor.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

My comment about getting more obscure / lesser known characters from Topps wasn't intended to imply that those are the only kind of characters we'll get from them. It was just my understanding of what I read about the deal. In fact there could be a lot of more popular well known characters offered from them. Whether it be from mass market retail or online retailer exclusives Mego is really overwhelming me with all the great figures they're releasing. Really hope they can get the shipping issue fixed for our fellow Canadian collectors. It's an awesome time to be in this hobby and I would like to see everyone be able to enjoy it to the fullest.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Since it's Topps, I'm just praying a Mego-style Mars Attacks Martian shows up someday. I mean Topps CREATED Mars Attacks, right?
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                            Since it's Topps, I'm just praying a Mego-style Mars Attacks Martian shows up someday. I mean Topps CREATED Mars Attacks, right?
                            Yes. And they could include some exclusive cards with the figures to put icing on the cake.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎