Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Personally I think two new figures every week is too many. It's gonna get really expensive really quick.
    One every week or four per month would be better, especially if you're buying two of each, which I always do when I'm buying sight unseen, just in case there are any QC issues.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Personally I think two new figures every week is too many. It's gonna get really expensive really quick.
      I agree.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MEGO Kid
        Museum Super Collector
        • Nov 5, 2018

Agreed

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by powersthatbe
          If they release two new figures every Monday will people be able to afford 8 figures a month with shipping costs and such? And with just a week window to work with as well, it's not going to be when of those types of purchases where you can get it at a later date. It's not an issue for me and I like the anticipation every week but I hope my point is made.
          I can afford it as I'm not collecting much of anything these days. I just don't have anywhere to display it all. I've already got plenty of stuff in plastic bins in my basement. I don't need to keep feeding those with new Megos every week.

Comment

• shazam7208
            Career Member
            • Oct 28, 2008

Fine for me so far, if they were doing heroes every week it would be a bigger problem. But I wont be buying all of the lines.

Bought Shazam / Black Adam but passed on this weeks Trek figures. Will probably be mostly heroes, some monsters depending on what they do....hoping they do some good Legends or other shows/movies of interest.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

Joel answered a lot of questions about the Topps deal over on Facebook Ambassadors. It really is a way for Mego to get some more obscure / lesser known characters in our hands that probably would not be made otherwise. This is a great thing for all of us. He did say that they will be meeting with Topps about the shipping issues.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Fingers crossed the shipping to Canada cost is addressed. Brian offered a great option for Toronto residents. Hoping Atlantic Canada sees a similar opportunity. I’ve been looking around.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Retro76
                  • Aug 4, 2012

Hope they can offer some type of combined shipping option and/or extend the availability of the preorders so they last more than one week. It was also confirmed on Facebook that the Topps exclusive figures will be packaged on the standard Mego blister packaging. The Ambassadors Facebook page also mentioned Mego is meeting with Topps next week. I suspect they will let the first four weeks of offerings to complete and look at total numbers of orders received. By doing this not only will they see how successful this exclusive format is but also what licenses are more popular and in demand. Since we got DC on first week, Trek the second week, I assume next week will be either Apes or Horror. Also hope they schedule a livestream this Saturday for a preview of the following week.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    ^Did you make an account? It won’t work otherwise.
                    Yeah. Apparently my account got locked for a few ours after I clicked “add to cart” multiple times when it wouldn’t go through. The next day when I logged back in everything worked fine.

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

Has tomorrow's offerings been teased/announced? I recall someone saying in the last YT assembly that figures would be announced on Saturdays going forward.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I've come to the sad conclusion that I'm going to have to order these very conservatively and try to catch some of these on the secondary market. I hope members here will help as best they wish to.

Aquaman was mentioned I think, that's a definite buy though.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 29, '21, 11:05 AM.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

They said nothing on the live stream this morning. I guess we'll have to wait 'til tomorrow morning to find out.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                            They said nothing on the live stream this morning. I guess we'll have to wait 'til tomorrow morning to find out.
                            Next figures are POTA Taylor and Zira! Take my money now!

Topps has revealed their next set of MEGO brand exclusives - Planet of the Apes George Taylor and Zira. Each are 8 inch scale with retro styling and use soft goods. Both are retailing for $19.99 and will be produced based on what's ordered in the next 1 week only. Head on over to Topps.com...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 22, 2011

Pre-ordered !!!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 27, 2010

DC,Star Trek.POTA next week has to be horror themed)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎